Part 1

MADELYN

MADELYN

💌

Madelyn sat on the bed in her dark apartment. Her golden locks were thrown into a messy bun on the back of her head. She sighed and rubbed her eyes tiredly as her phone began to ring. It was Jackson, her boyfriend. Madelyn was finally going to do it this time, she was going to call it off. It wasn't working anymore, in fact it hadn't been working for a while. She was in Los Angeles and he was in Miami at the moment, but it wasn't just the distance that kept their relationship from thriving. He hadn't seemed to care about her these past few months, and she needed him, she loved him.

Madelyn answered the phone and brought it up to her ear, her heart beating faster by the second.

"Hi." She said softly, her voice shaking slightly.

"Hey babe, how was your day?" Jackson asked, as if he didn't know he did anything wrong.

Madelyn took a deep breath and moved a few stray hairs out of her face; she ignored his question.

"I need to talk to you about something." She said.

"Ok..." Jackson replied hesitantly.

She wanted to feel confident, but she couldn't. Madelyn felt bad about this situation even though she knew she shouldn't of. She deserved better, and better was not something that Jackson was capable of giving her.

"I can't do this anymore." Madelyn said.

There was silence on the other end. She waited anxiously for his response as she dug her long nails into her palm.

"What do you mean?" He asked, finally breaking the awkward silence.

"I'm breaking up with you." Madelyn replied.

"Mads, wait-" He said before she interrupted him.

"You don't get to call me that anymore." She said frustratedly, referring to her nickname.

"Maddie, I'm sorry." Jackson pleaded with her.

"It's too late. You really hurt me. Where have you even been these past months? Just ignoring me?" She said all in one breath. He tried to butt in but she didn't allow him. "You obviously need time to figure your own shit out, and I deserve better." She said.

"I deserve better." Madelyn repeated, her voice breaking.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said.

She knew he wouldn't say much or own up to any of his mistakes, but it still broke her heart. Madelyn really thought that he could be better, but he wasn't willing to fight for her, and she was finally done.