Part 3

GRACIE

GRACIE

💌

Gracie had finally worked up the courage to ask Madelyn to hang out. She didn't remember too much from the night of the party, she was only a few drinks away from a blackout. However, there were two things she could recall, how beautiful Madelyn was, and how kind she was. Madelyn even rubbed her back when she was throwing up, and at that point they were total strangers to each other.

Gracie didn't have a lot of close friends at the moment, she was sort of going through a bit of a depressive episode, and when an acquaintance invited her to Odessa's party that night, she used it as an excuse for a mental comeback. A mental comeback was not exactly what happened, but she did meet Madelyn, only for about 2 minutes, but Gracie had a good feeling about her.

She was nervous to hang out with Madelyn, and very intimidated as well. Gracie was famous, but Madelyn was famous famous, and that scared her. But she wanted to give it a shot and was extremely surprised that Madelyn said yes, let alone responded to her.

The girls agreed to meet at a coffee shop, one that Madelyn recommended. Gracie arrived first and sat down at a table in the corner. She kept her eyes on the door waiting for Madelyn to enter.  She was so anxious that she played with her fingers and picked at her nails. Gracie thought to herself, why was she so nervous?

Gracie's heart stopped when the blonde entered. Madelyn looked effortlessly gorgeous, she was wearing cuffed jeans, a cropped flowery top, and her long hair was down and wavy. Madelyn looked around for a moment until Gracie stood up and waved at her. Madelyn smiled and began to walk over to Gracie.

"Hey!" Madelyn said as she approached Gracie, her smile was wide and bright.

"Hi! I'm Gracie." She said, reintroducing herself. Her voice was shaking slightly due to the nervousness.

"Maddie." Madelyn replied as she reached in for a hug.

Madelyn was only a little bit taller than Gracie, maybe an inch or two. Gracie immediately noticed how good Madelyn smelled, whether it was her perfume or her hair.

They ordered coffee and sat back down, the awkwardness was evident. Shy giggles and small talk were shared between them. Gracie's leg was bouncing and she noticed that Madelyn's was as well.

"Sorry again about last week. That was bad." Gracie began.

Madelyn chuckled. "Well clearly it wasn't bad enough to scare me off!" She joked.

"I'm not usually like that..." Gracie said, her cheeks blushing.

"It's ok, I believe you. I can be so much worse." Replied Madelyn.