Part 14

MADELYN

MADELYN

💌

It had been a few days since they had seen each other and Gracie seemed more distant than usual. Madelyn noticed that Gracie wasn't as quick to answer texts and kept saying no to plans. She was worried that Gracie was pulling away from her. Madelyn wouldn't be joining Gracie at the Eras Tour this weekend because she was booked with meetings, interviews and an audition, so she wanted to make sure everything was ok between them before Gracie left to open the show in New York.

Maddie

hi baby

can u pls answer my texts

just let me know that ur ok

It took about 30 minutes for Gracie to respond, which was quicker than her other responses had been the past few days.

Gracie

I'm ok

Maddie

it doesn't seem like it

can we talk

Gracie

I don't know what we would talk about

I'm fine maddie

Maddie

are u worried about this weekend?

u know I'm here for u

I want to help

if u want me to be there on Saturday I'll be there

Gracie

mads stop

Maddie

I'm coming over

Madelyn knew that her text was risky. She never showed up to Gracie's house unwanted. She was so worried about her, Gracie had never acted like this with her ever. She assumed it was her nerves and anticipation about the Eras Tour, but deep down, Madelyn thought it could be about something else, like their relationship. Gracie didn't respond to Madelyn's last text, but she was already in her car and driving to Gracie's house. She took a deep breath as she arrived, assuming the worst. Madelyn hoped and prayed that Gracie wouldn't break up with her, she didn't really have a sense of what Gracie was feeling or doing since they hadn't seen each other or spoke in a couple of days.