Part 9

MADELYN

MADELYN

💌

She stayed over at Gracie's place that night. All they wanted to do was hang out, cuddle, and talk. They had been getting more comfortable physically with each other and welcomed touch more confidently. Madelyn was wanting to explore herself sexually with Gracie, but was afraid. She had never done anything with a woman before, and she was feeling anxious about having this experience for the first time. Madelyn was grateful that it would be with someone like Gracie, she was so caring, mature, and genuine. She knew she had nothing to be scared of, but she wanted to wait a little longer for their first time. Madelyn wanted to be able to fully build her trust with Gracie and get to know her completely.

Madelyn woke up the next morning in Gracie's bed. Gracie was still sleeping. Madelyn casually checked her phone and noticed a new article about her. Usually she didn't look at media relating to her. She was even advised and reminded to not google herself or look at articles by a therapist once. She knew she was doing something unhealthy, but she clicked on the pop up. It was titled, "'Outer Banks' star Madelyn Cline sparks dating rumors with singer Gracie Abrams." It included a picture of Madelyn and Gracie holding hands while walking to the restaurant earlier.

Madelyn had a physical reaction when seeing this. Her body almost recoiled and she unconsciously gritted her teeth. Her heart sank knowing that it wasn't her little secret anymore, and she was scared about how people would react. Madelyn knew people would unfollow her and say rude things about her. She also wanted to keep their relationship to themselves for a little bit. Relationships felt like a private thing to Madelyn and was almost always affected once the public was aware of it. She felt as if she needed to call her mom. Her mom always knew what to say to make her feel better. She quietly left Gracie sleeping in the bed and stepped out onto the patio to call her mom.

"Hey you." Pam, Madelyn's mom answered.

"Hi." Madelyn said shakily.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?" Pam asked, noticing her daughter's frantic tone.

"Um, I wanted to talk to you about something." Madelyn said, ignoring her mom's question.

"What is it honey?" Pam asked.

"Some articles came out this morning about me." She said.

"What about?" Her mom replied.

"They said that I'm dating someone." Madelyn said.

"Are you?" Asked Pam.

"Kind of." Madelyn replied.

"Well, do you want to tell me about him, or should I read the articles?" Pam joked.

She stopped giggling when she realized that Madelyn wasn't laughing. She wasn't saying anything at all.

"What is it?" Pam asked.