Part 13

MADELYN

MADELYN

💌

Madelyn woke up the next morning in Gracie's bed feeling really tired. She still felt bad about their conversation last night, but she needed more time before she could commit to living with Gracie. 

"Good morning pretty girl." Madelyn whispered as Gracie slowly awoke.

"Hi." She groaned tiredly.

"I think I'm gonna head out, I have a meeting soon." Madelyn said. It was a Monday and she had a meeting with Versace to be one of their new brand ambassadors, which Madelyn was ecstatic about.

"No, don't go." Gracie mumbled as she turned to face Madelyn in bed.

Gracie pouted as Madelyn ran her fingers through her girlfriend's hair. There was a silence between them as they looked into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry about last night." Madelyn said, breaking the silence. 

"Why are you sorry?" Gracie asked.

"I just feel bad. I know that's what you wanted." Madelyn said, referring to her moving in as what Gracie wanted.

"Maddie, it's ok. I don't want you to feel bad. You don't have to apologize, I understand that this is all happening a little quick." She replied.

Madelyn nodded. "This doesn't change anything though, I still love you...so much."

"I know, I love you too." Gracie said.

Madelyn leaned down and gave Gracie a gentle kiss on her lips.

"I really have to go." She said.

Gracie pouted again.

"You can come over later, ok?" Madelyn said.

They agreed and kissed goodbye.

Madelyn felt jittery and anxious all day. Gracie kept telling Madelyn earlier that it was fine that she said not yet to moving in, but Madelyn still felt horrible. She couldn't stop picturing the look on Gracie's face and the glossiness of her eyes like she was about to cry last night. Madelyn decided to do something special for her girlfriend that night to show her appreciation, dedication and love for her. 

After her meeting, she called Gracie.

"Hi pretty." Gracie answered.

"Hi baby." Madelyn replied.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Just wondering if you wanted to come over soon." Madelyn said.

"Aw, do you miss me?" Gracie teased.