Part 17

MADELYN

MADELYN

💌

Madelyn was released from the hospital the next day. Even though she had a major surgery, she was recovering well but still had trouble walking or bending over sometimes. Gracie wasn't going to leave her girlfriend's side and told Madelyn she would come home with her and stay until she recovered. Madelyn fought back, she never wanted to accept help and felt bad that Gracie was going to have to take care of her. Eventually they came to an agreement that Madelyn would stay at Gracie's house for the timebeing. She didn't want Gracie to have to look after her all while being away from home. 

"Doing ok pretty girl?" Gracie asked once she got Madelyn comfortably laying on the couch.

"Yeah, thank you." Madelyn whispered. She closed her eyes and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Gracie gave Madelyn a gentle kiss on the forehead and began to prepare dinner. She wanted to make sure Madelyn felt exta loved and cared for as she recovered. A few hours later, Gracie was startled by quiet moans coming from the couch.

"Maddie? What's wrong?" She asked as she walked over to the couch.

"I have to pee so bad. It hurts." Madelyn said.

"Ok, let me help you." Gracie said as she tucked Madelyn's blonde hair behind her ear and slowly helped her up. They walked to the bathroom together and Gracie aided Madelyn.

That night, Madelyn was feeling a little bit better and was able to get herself ready for bed. Gracie was worried, she didn't want her to overdo it or injure herself any further.

Madelyn and Gracie laid side by side in Gracie's bed. Weenie curled up below them.

"Thanks for letting me stay." Madelyn said.

"Letting you? Mads, I begged you to stay." Gracie replied.

Both girls chuckled about the small disagreement they had over this earlier. Madelyn leaned over and kissed Gracie on the cheek.

"Maybe you should have ovarian cysts more often, it's nice having you here." Gracie teased.

Madelyn smiled and paused before she responded. "Well I was actually thinking about that..." She began.

"What?" Gracie asked, a small smile beginning to form on her face. 

"I'm ready." Madelyn said.

"Ready for what?" Gracie asked, even though she knew what Madelyn meant, she just wanted to hear the words come out of her mouth.

"I'm ready to move in together." Madelyn replied, barely containing her smile.

Gracie let out a laugh of relief. "Really?!" She asked excitedly.