Part 5

MADELYN

💌

Madelyn happily spent the next hours getting to know Gracie's friends and Gracie even more. She loved talking and joking with her, Gracie's laughter was contagious. Every time Gracie would look at her, Madelyn could feel her heart thumping out of her chest.

Gracie dinged a utensil on her wine glass. "Can I make a toast?" She asked with a hesitant smile.

She stood up and looked across the patio and into everyones eyes before speaking. "Thanks for coming tonight guys. I feel like it's rare that we're all in the same place at the same time and I'm so glad to be seeing all of your beautiful faces. I also wanted to thank Maddie and Maddie, I've loved getting to know you two...Cheers!" Gracie said while raising her glass. 

Madison had winked at Madelyn from across the yard when Gracie mentioned them. Madelyn felt as if Madison was her biggest supporter. She truly wanted Madelyn to feel happy.

"I'm gonna go grab the dessert." Gracie said, hurrying away.

Madelyn was hesitant but tried to feel confident in order to seize this opportunity.

"I'll help you." Madelyn said, following after Gracie quickly. 

The two girls made their way inside. Madelyn leaned her elbows on the kitchen island and held her chin up with her hands. Gracie gently swiped Madelyn's arm as she passed by to open the refrigerator, and Madelyn immediately got goosebumps. She felt shy and nervous again. Madelyn was so comfortable around Gracie but was often intimidated by her beauty and carefree personality.

Gracie paused after taking out a few bowls and spoons from the cabinets and drawers. She stood beside Madelyn and they briefly looked at each other before Madelyn started to giggle. 

"I'm glad I met you." Gracie said with a cheeky smile.

Madelyn blushed. "I'm glad I met you too." She replied shyly.

Madelyn couldn't stop staring at Gracie's lips. They were plump and glazed with a subtle pink lip gloss. Madelyn couldn't decide if she should make a move. She really wanted to kiss her, but didn't want to ruin their friendship if Gracie wasn't into it.

Gracie placed her hand on the back of Madelyn's arm. Madelyn payed attention to every blink and move on Gracie's face. She stood up straight and stroked her thumb along Gracie's elbow. Gracie was looking down at Madelyn's lips too. They each fell deeper and deeper into each others brown eyes. Their warm bodies were so close together, almost as if they were begging to be accepted by the other person. This wasn't just a friend thing now, they were both clearly being flirtatious and touchy.