Part 20

GRACIE

GRACIE

💌

It was Thursday and Gracie was doing a lot better. She had rested for a few days at home with Madelyn and was able to recharge her energy and minimize some of the anxiety. They were now on their way to drop off Weenie at Gracie's parents house before heading to the airport to go to Charleston.

"Are you excited?" Madelyn asked as they drove to the airport.

Gracie nodded. "Yeah, I'm a little nervous though."

"I know it's nerve racking, but it'll be ok." Madelyn said. She could tell that Gracie really wanted to make a good first impression to Madelyn's parents and was becoming very anxious about it.

They made it to the airport and tried to keep a low profile by wearing hats and sunglasses, but of course people snapped a few pictures of them. Madelyn led Gracie by her hand to their gate and they boarded quickly since they were in first class.

"I can't wait to see your childhood bedroom." Gracie said with a chuckle as they settled in their seats.

Madelyn scoffed and covered her face.

"How embarrassing is it?" Gracie asked. 

"Very. It's pink and there's One Direction posters on the wall." Madelyn replied.

They both laughed.

"One Direction? That's not very queer of you." Gracie stated.

"Oh believe me, that was before I found out I liked girls." Madelyn said, without labeling herself. That was something she wanted to talk about with Gracie later.

Gracie giggled and rested her hand on Madelyn's thigh.

The flight was smooth and landed just before sunset. The girls gathered their belongings and went to the exit where Madelyn's dad, Mark was picking them up.

Madelyn immediately saw her dad and ran to him. They embraced each other in a tight hug. Gracie caught up and Madelyn introduced her favorite person to her father.

"Dad, this is Gracie. Gracie, this is my dad, Mark." Madelyn said.

Gracie put her hand out for a handshake, but Mark pulled her in for a hug instead.

"So nice to meet you Gracie! I've heard many wonderful things about you." Mark said.

"Nice to meet you too! Thank you so much for inviting me." Gracie replied. The hug definitely put her at ease, considering how nervous she was to meet Madelyn's parents.

Gracie sat in the front seat, and Madelyn in the back as they all chatted happily while driving home.