Part 8

MADELYN

💌

After everyone left, Madelyn and Gracie cleaned up quickly and got ready for bed. Madelyn had asked Gracie to stay over, and Gracie was very excited to do so. All they ever wanted to do was cuddle and be with each other. That is exactly what the two girls did for the rest of the night. They took turns being the big spoon and little spoon. They kissed, and Madelyn ran her fingers through Gracie's hair.

"You're beautiful." Madelyn whispered.

Gracie blushed and said it back. 

"Did you have a good time tonight?" Gracie asked.

Madelyn nodded and looked down.

"What's the matter?" Gracie asked worriedly.

"It's nothing." Madelyn replied.

"Maddie, I'm right here. Talk to me pretty girl." Gracie said.

Madelyn loved when Gracie called her things like "pretty girl" or "beautiful". But right now, she was feeling slightly uneasy. Gracie was a big change in her life, she had never been with or done anything with girls, it was always boys. Now that their situationship was becoming more of a relationship, she had to accept it.

"I'm just scared." Madelyn said, still not looking at Gracie.

"Hey, look at me. What are you scared about?" Gracie asked while lifting Madelyn's chin up. Madelyn closed her eyes, comforted by Gracie's touch. She hesitantly opened them and stared into Gracie's brown eyes. She felt safe and loved, but she was still scared. She had to open up to Gracie about her worries or she would explode.

"I don't know...this is getting more real, and I feel like people are going to know soon." Madelyn said while fidgeting with her fingers. Gracie noticed this and gently squeezed Madelyn's hand.

"That's not necessarily a bad thing..." Gracie added.

"No I know, but I'm worried. Like do I have to come out? How am I supposed to do that? What are people gonna say?" Madelyn said quickly with lots of concern in her voice.

Gracie placed her hand on Madelyn's cheek to calm her. Madelyn leaned into Gracie's hand and took a deep breath.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Do you want to come out?" Gracie asked.