Ch 2: Rebirth

It's hot, oh so hot. And the pressure is intense, I can feel my heartbeat in my fingers, my arms, my legs, bursting out of my chest. I've been told to crawl. Just keep crawling, until I see blinding light, so intense it blinds me. I heard his voice, Satan himself. "Crawl. The Earth has fallen, crumbled under the meager humans." So I crawled, wriggling myself upwards and out, wriggling through the molten rock and lava of Her core. And as I crawled, I heard his deep raspy voice continue. "She turned on herself, splitting and burning her crust, ridding herself of her destroyers, but exposing her dark, molten core." I noticed my surroundings becoming tougher, more solid, and colder. However, my skin did not scratch or scrape, i was designed for this. "She has opened herself up to our inhabitance, the human race has failed, and now the earth must be reborn, in the dominance of a new race." My hand broke through, and I clawed at the air, so cold against my burning skin. I slowly pushed myself up through the crack I had made, pulling my head through, and I made my first breath of this life. It felt like ice going through my lungs, so adapt to the 5,000 degree core. I crawled out, until I was on my hands and knees. I looked around, it's nighttime, I assume. How do I know this, where are these memories from? I'll worry about it later, right now I need water. I feel different, not so... Indestructible. I saw a house, and started crawling towards it, as I heard his voice again. "You will start to change, adapting to your new home. The earth's purpose is to provide life, so your life shall depend on Her." I had made my way into the kitchen of the house, turned on the faucet, and gulped down the water. This could get annoying. But I couldn't help but wonder, why are we being sent back, I've learned that my kind was sent to the depths of Earth long ago, too destructive in nature, too persuasive, corruptive. I turned around and found a person, staring at me. I walked toward him, and noticed every way I moved, he moved the same. A mirror, my mysterious memories told me. This was me. I was emitting a reddish glow, my skin still cooling down to this atmosphere. My head was shaved on the sides and back, leaving a few inches around the top, dangling slightly into my face. My body was tall, slender, and muscular. My face was... Intoxicating, beautiful. My eyes were a bright, glowing red. My lips were luscious and smooth. "You will not be the only beings sent back." I looked out the open door to see hundreds of others clawing their way out of the earth's core. "Your loyalties will be tested, your nature questioned. You will inhabit this world with your cosmic opposites. They will attempt to destroy you, break you. Repurpose you for their gain. Remember who you are." And with that, we were left to live this life.

My name is Jayy Von Monroe, and I am a demon. Opposites... Angels, angels and demons, sharing the same world?

Up in the clouds, a young angel watched. "Hello Jayy. My name is Dahvie Vanity, and you will be my undoing." I rose with the other angels, spread my wings, and plummeted towards Earth, our new broken, wounded home.