Ch 9: Flight

Jahvie 9

*Jayy*

I've seen their house from afar, but as I get closer, it's beautiful. It's a Victorian style home, completely white, with a large porch and pillars leading up to the door. Dahvie still had his hand on the back of my forearm, and was pulling me along behind him. The four other angels were behind me, and it made me a little nervous having my back to them. They did almost kill me a few moments ago.

"I don't like bringing this thing into our house, Dahv."

"Brian, he's helping us. And he's not a thing," Dahvie retorted. His was the voice that said 'it's bleeding' while he held Dahvie back. He must be younger then the rest, he showed sympathy for me and now he's weary of me. Maybe he hasn't come across a demon yet. I feared for him, how will he be able to fight them?

My body started to shake as we came closer to the house, and my heart was racing. There were many angels in the house, and murderous thoughts flashed through my mind like lightening. 'No,' I thought to myself, 'Even if they hurt you, you can't lose control this time.' I started taking deep breaths, slow and steady to calm myself. I felt the urge to growl as the visions of spilling angel blood continued. 'Stop. I will not lose control. I refuse.'

"Jayy, you're shaking. Don't be afraid, I won't let them touch you." Dahvie pulled me out of my thoughts, his voice did sooth me a little.

"I'm not afraid, Dahvie..." I said. I didn't want the other angels to be any more defensive, but thankfully Dahvie understood. He slid his hand down to mine and squeezed. My heart suddenly felt warmer; it was still beating fast, but now because of Dahvie's touch, not from the threat. I stopped shaking slightly, and I continued my deep breathing.

When we reached the doors, Dahvie stopped to let the others go in first. I kept my eyes down as they passed, but I could feel the intensity of their states on me. They were tense because they were afraid, not out of hatred. I almost feel as though I'm a prisoner, but Dahvie spoke up, "Jayy is here to help us, he's a guest."

Adrian and Brian opened the doors, and I heard relieved voices. "Did you find him?" "What happened?" The boys were silent to the girls' questions, they walked into the living room. "Drew, oh my God, what happened?" Dahvie and I walked into the room and Adrian closed the door. "Dahvie!" A girl with light pink hair ran up and hugged him around the neck. I felt a flash of jealousy run through me, and my eyes glowed red, tinting the room.

Dahvie barely hugged her back, and I relaxed. "Kelly, I'm fine." The girl's chin rested on Dahvie's shoulder, and when she opened her eyes, she saw me standing behind him. She screamed and stepped back, pulling Dahvie with her. Another male angel with light brown, short hair bolted at me through the gap. He put his hands around my neck and pushed me against the door, and my head collided with a loud bang. His arms were fully extended, and I was bent backwards, so I was down to his eye level. His eyes weren't the usual angelic blue, they were a dark midnight blue, and his face was twisted. Demons really bring out the darkness in angels.

He only held my neck for two seconds, but he was crushing me in his hands, and my head was bursting from pressure, me eyes were squeezed shut. "James stop!" Dahvie grabbed him my the shoulders and yanked him back with all his might, sending him flying and colliding with the wall. He held on to my neck long enough to pull me forward off the door, and I fell face first to the ground. My lungs were gasping for air, and my windpipe hurt like a bitch.

"Jayy are you okay?" Dahvie knelt down and helped me to my knees.

I saw, my attacker James get up and start walking towards me. "Why the fuck is that thing here!" He yelled. Adrian stepped in his path, "Get out of my way!" Everyone else was frozen in place, staring at me. I assume they had never seen a demon that wasn't trying to kill them. And I'm sure Kelly and Brian had never seen a demon, period.