Ch 12: Teasing and Dueling

*Jayy*

You are my everything

You taught me how to sing

You took a chance on me

Opened my heart to see

You have the golden key

That simply sets me free

You are my only hope

The one I need the most

You are my light in dark

The ever-shining spark

You are my other half

You always make me laugh...

I was lying on top of the tree that fell, that brought Dahvie and I together, singing a new song, staring up at the stars. It helped calm my nerves as I waited for Dahvie to show up. It was a pretty good day. Minus the episode with Garrett... But I think the more I can keep him occupied with sex, the longer I can keep him from hunting the angels. But it feels so wrong, I've got to find another way. I don't want anyone touching me like that but Dahvie.

You are my dearest friend

Forever until the end

We're simply meant to be

For it is plain to see

I'm glad I have Sally. I pulled her aside today and talked to her about the angels. She seemed indifferent, until I told her about Dahvie. I told her I had dreamt of him for years, and I finally met him in the forest, and his friends. I left out the parts where they attacked me, of course. Her eyes were wide in shock when I told her, but she would do anything for me. She agreed to keep it secret and help me talk to the others about making peace. She said she was going to talk to Haley tomorrow.

I hope Dahvie's okay, I told him not to come if he suspected anything. I was really beginning to worry until I felt a familiar sensation, like a second layer of my skin disappeared. It felt more sensitive, and penetrable. Dahvie was near! I sat up on the fallen tree and looked to the sky, and saw his beautiful, sparkly white and purple wings. They were huge! Wider than his arms length and almost as tall as he was.

He landed in front of me and ran towards me with his arms out. I collided with him and hugged him close. I hate bring separated from him. "You're okay," I said stroking his hair. He nuzzled his face in my chest like a cat, and I couldn't help but laugh, he's so cute.

"Pfft, I'm fine, I was worried about you, so what happened?" He said looking up at me. I took his hand and had him sit next to me on the tree trunk, telling him about Sally's acceptance of all this. "Garrett wasn't suspicious?" He asked.

"Nope, I'm keeping him occupied with music," I lied. I don't wanna tell Dahvie what happened, not ever.

"No way, you guys all write music too?" He said, excited.

"Yeah, pretty much. We got Aussie on guitar, Ryan on drums, Jeffree does electronics, Brandy plays violin, Haley does piano sometimes, and most of us sing, but mainly Garrett and I."

"I heard you singing, but I couldn't make out the words," he said. He had a playful look on his face, and I could tell he felt mischievous. He heard me, he just wanted me to sing it to him. The joy that emanated from him made me feel happy and fuzzy inside, and I didn't care if I was shy or awkward. Fuck it. So I sang for him.

I can't see myself without you

Now that I've had a taste

Every time I close my eyes