Ch 29: The Last Stand, Part 1

*Unknown*

If there was any way to stop what was about to happen, I would. The more I watch these angels and demons prepare for the fight, the more desperation I see. There's a demon with choppy black hair clinging to a pretty little angel with pink hair, kissing her head as if it was their last moment together. Kelly and Aussie. There's a small female demon whispering into another angel's ear, and there's a tear running down her cheek. Sally and Drew. I haven't stopped praying in my head since I landed here. I let their names flow to me from the heavens, and I learned them all as I prayed for them.

I senses their oppressors approaching, and could see rustling in the forest. They all grab their weapons, and stand up in the shape of a pyramid. A tall, tattooed demon stands at the point, standing up for the angels. This is Jayy. The pink-haired angel kisses her mate, then she and a purple-haired angel, Michelle fly off to far away trees with their bow-and-arrows.

My heart races as the sky darkens to a blood-red. The beautiful forest now looks haunted and leering in the red sunset. I start to see glowing red eyes appear from between the trees across from the group. The air is thick with low growling sounds coming from them. Some of the angels back up, but Jayy stands tall, clenching his axe at his side. This is the one I've been assigned to watch.

A demon walks closer, with an evil smirk on his face. Several other demons start to appear. Most are still hunched and red-colored, fresh from the earth, and quivering, on the verge of frenzying. I counted 20. I counted the angel's group: 16. They're outnumbered.

Jayy broke the silence as everyone held their breaths. "We don't have to do this, Garrett!"

The demon tilted his head back and laughed. "Yeah, we do. I'm not sharing this life with a bunch of traitors and pussy-birdies." The newborns behind him raised their weapons and taunted them, some laughing, some cheering.

The angel closest to Jayy, Dahvie, addressed him, "This is your last chance. If you make one move, you are going to die." Garrett laughed again, with a deep, rumbling undertone, like a double voice, and his eyes glowed deeper red. Just then, the demons behind him went mad in frenzies, and charged with their weapons held high.

My eyes flitted everywhere, and I saw everything from my perch, as if in slow motion. A newborn went straight for Dahvie with an axe, but Dahvie left his dagger unsheathed. He dodged the demon skillfully, flitting to and fro, making him dizzy. Dahvie stayed one step ahead of the demon, until he jumped on him from behind, forcing the demon to fall onto his stomach. Dahvie knelt on his back and held the demon's arms as he bent to whisper in his ear. "Last chance, demon. Can we live in peace?"

The demon growled back, "No fucking way. You'll have to kill me, pussy-bird. Do it!" Dahvie lifted his head to the sky in a prayer, and he unsheathed his dagger, placed the tip on the back of the demons neck, and pushed it in, severing the spinal chord. My heart ached for Dahvie's pain, and the demon's stupidity.

There is a tall angel with short blonde hair and a sword, Daniel, who was fighting off two newborns. Behind him was a tall, tattooed, turquoise-haired demon, Jeffree, standing off with a hesitant demon. "Ryan, please! Come with us, it's not like we were told!" Jeffree was pointing a sword at Ryan, practically poking him in the chest. Ryan looked uncertain. His face was confused as he raised and lowered his axe, repeatedly. "Ryan, put it down." Instead, he threw the axe, and it landed square in Jeffree's chest. He gasped quietly in shock, and dropped to the ground. My heart stopped, I'm itching to end this, but I can't yet.

The angel, Daniel had been watching, and he swiftly sliced his two newborns' heads off, then rushed to Jeffree, yanking out the axe and kissing his chest. Jeffree looked still, with wide eyes, and his blood pooled around him. Thankfully, Daniel acted quick enough. The demon that struck him fell to his knees, an arrow stuck out of his heart; the girls were precise shooters. Then he fell, lifeless.