Ch 25: His Light

*Jayy*

I woke up on the cold, hard floor. My head is pounding, my spine is twisted, and my body is extremely stiff and uncomfortable. I stiffen my muscles and realize my hands are tied behind my back, and my feet are tied together. What the fuck happened last night?

I open my eyes and I'm staring right at the wall. Nice. The wall is a deep blue color, this must be Garrett's room still. I groan and awkwardly roll over onto my back, twisting one of my arms across the small of my back. I attempt to stretch my spine, and try to remember last night. I fully remember Garrett controlling my body, making me walk into his room, and take off my clothes and his clothes... I remember wanting to bash his skull in. Then he bent me over the bed... I smiled when I thought of strangling him... Then he punched the side of my face... He wanted me to suffer.

I remember now. He kept going, punching me whenever I groaned. He eventually tied up my hands and feet. After raping me, he hissed at me, "You may not be able to bleed or bruise, but your brain can still beat against your skull." He threw me against the wall, giving me a concussion. I guess he never moved me.

The door creaked open, and I held completely still. I refuse to appear weak or scared. A quiet voice rang through the room, "Garrett? Are you in here? David is looking for you." I heard her footsteps enter the room, I saw her walk past me and peer into the bathroom, "Garrett?" Her voice is so quiet, like she has been super cautious around him. She sighed and turned to leave, then she stopped in her tracks when she saw me, her eyes were wide like a deer in the headlights.

She stuttered, "J... Jayy!" She blinked her red eyes and walked over to me, "What happened!" She knelt down and started undoing my restraints.

I stopped her, "No don't! Where is he? Where's Garrett?"

"I think he's out with the crawlies." Her voice sounded disgusted. "Why are you here? Is Dahvie okay?"

My heart clenched, I may never see him again. "Dahvie's fine, I think. Garrett said he'd leave Dahvie alone if I... Surrendered."

She lowered her head, "And you believed him?" she scoffed, like I was stupid.

"If anything, I'll buy everyone time to prepare." I looked around cautiously, "I actually came to kill him," I whispered. Her eyes widened again, it looked like she was debating something. I slowly shook my head, "Don't tell me you're siding with him. Haley, he's a sick bastard! He's not happy unless he's plotting somebody's death! And right now it's probably mine!"

Her eyes were shiny as she stared at me, "I don't know, Jayy. That's just the way it's been."

"It makes no sense! It doesn't have to be that way!" Just then, Garrett appeared.

"Oh, look, Firebird's awake! Just in time." He pulled a out a pocketknife and cut the bonds around my ankles, then grabbed my arm and yanked me up, his hand almost completely wrapped around my arm. He lead me down the stairs and out the door, towards the forest. Haley followed us, "Where are you taking him? Garrett? What are you doing with him?! Garrett!" He just smirked, he didn't answer her, and she was irritated. It's sweet to see she still cares about me. She shoved him hard on the back, and he almost fell face first, "Answer me, Fucker! You're not hurting Jayy!" He released me and turned to Haley, backhanding her across the face. She yelled, and the blow sent her flying backwards to the ground.

"Defy me again and you'll be right next to him in the fire." What does that mean?? He grabbed my arm again and continued walking. Haley shakily got up and followed still, yelling at him. "Garrett, I mean it! You're not hurting him! He's our friend, too!"