Ch 17: The Calm Before the Storm

*Jayy*

"Jayy, are you sure this is a good idea? How am I suppose to break all this to Garrett?" I sighed, because I do feel bad throwing Jeffree in the middle of all this. He was looking at me with his bright purple-contacted eyes searing into mine.

I hung my head low as I thought, and I heard Dahvie's familiar footsteps behind me. He grabbed my hand, "Why don't I go with you?"

"No!" Jeffree and I protested immediately. "It's not safe! All of those demons in one room," I said.

"Garrett's been having the neighbors over a lot, the new ones," continued Jeffree. By 'new' he meant the ones that just bursted up through the Earth's crust. They were deadly and dark, hungry for war. He looked at me with worry in his eyes, Garrett was recruiting. He then glanced over at where Daniel and his friends were practicing combat with our group. They decided to camp with us and practice, if a war is starting, we'll be stronger with numbers. Jeffree and Daniel, I think, have taken a strong liking to each other. This whole situation screams tragedy.

"Jeffree what do we do?" I asked, almost rhetorically.

He continued watching Daniel; he was dueling Adrian with a big smile on his face. "Well we have two options. Confront them or just stay here and wait for them to come."

"Let me come, maybe seeing me willing to talk will make them feel different," Dahvie interrupted.

I looked at Dahvie, feeling frightened in the depths of my stomach. "Dahvie, you almost died yesterday because of them. I don't ever wanna see you hurt again. They won't just kill you, they'll torture you."

The blood rushed from his face, and he squeezed my hand tight at the memory, but his words contradicted his reaction, "Then if anything, you'll have time to stop them. It's worth a shot."

"Dahvie have you ever even killed a demon?" asked Jeffree. I gave him a look like, 'of course, are you crazy?' But Dahvie looked down and whispered, "No."

My eyes widened, and I lifted his chin with my hand to look at his soft beautiful eyes, "Dahvie, are you serious?" Fear rushed through my body, he's never even killed a demon, and there are dozens just over the forest just itching to get to Dahvie and the others.

"I mean, I can, I have the ability, I've just always defended myself and let the others kill. I've fought, just never killed," Dahvie spoke quickly.

"Dahvie are you prepared to kill? You have new angels here that haven't seen real combat, they'll need your full protection," my hands were shaking and he squeezed them tight. "Dahvie, these demons will kill and torture as many as possible."

"Not all of them." He spoke with confidence, and I was reminded of his wisdom. There's a reason he's their leader. "Let me come with you, maybe we can at least persuade some of them not to fight."

I looked to Jeffree, who had been rather quiet. The look in his eyes was pure confusion. "I think he has a point. I always thought that angels were just as hateful of us as we were of them. But not while the new demons are there."

I was still shaking, I didn't like this idea one bit, but for some reason I felt like it was the right thing to do. "Okay, Jeffree why don't you go see if they're there, and then we'll go now. We'll have the angels close by just in case."

"I'll look in the windows and come right back," he agreed, and he gave Dahvie a hopeful glance before dashing off between the trees.

I cupped Dahvie's precious face in my hands, and pressed my lips to his, deeply. He instantly responded by wrapping his arms around my waist. He squeezed me tight to him, like he never wanted to let go, and my breath shuttered with the pressure. I never know how many chances I'll have left to kiss his amazing, juicy lips.

I pulled away and looked into his beautiful green eyes, "Dahvie, I will do everything I can to protect you and all of the angels. I'll do my best to make it so you don't have to kill, but Dahvie... If multiple demons are running after you or Kelly or-" he cut me off with his lips one more time, deeper and more urgent than before.

He pulled away, "Jayy, I know, I'm prepared. I won't let anything happen to you, or anyone else." We were panting slightly from the kisses. His words caught in his mouth a little before he spoke quietly, "Jayy I love you, I can't imagine losing you, I refuse. I'll kill anyone who tries to take you from me."

My eyes widened, and a smile crept onto my face. He loves me, this is the first time he's said it. I knew from my dreams that I loved him for years, it was just a given, but hearing those words made me happier than I ever felt possible. If he loves me, I must be doing something right. His cheeks turned a slight pink with a blush, and his eyes were so soft, but piercing right through my soul. He made me who I am right now, opened my eyes to this world of love, friendship, and sacrifice. I stroked his face; I could tell he was getting anxious from my lack of response, so I smiled hugely and kissed him again. When I broke away I muffled on his lips, "I love you, Dahvie. I owe you everything. I will protect you and the others with my life." I kissed him again. I was feeling the desperation of everything that's happened. I almost lost him yesterday, I could lose him any day now, and I haven't had much time with him at all. My hands tangled in his hair, and my breathing picked up. He moved his hands up and down my sides, and across my lower back, pressing me closer. He slipped his tongue in my mouth, and his taste was so overwhelming, my head spun. I felt his heart racing in the veins of his neck, and I felt him shuttering ever so slightly. Oh if only I could have one more night with him, with no worries. I had to fight my demon nature again, that overwhelming urge to rip off his clothes and pin him down. Actually, I began to realize I don't think it's a demon thing, it's just a love thing.

I pulled away and leaned my forehead on his. Dahvie will confront them with us, it just feels right. If our story, somehow, is told in the future, it will be said that we offered as much peace and mercy as possible. "Dahvie if you come with us, you have to be careful. Stay behind us at all times, if they come after you, we will keep them back before they hurt you. If they come after me, you freeze! Stay behind Jeffree, do not move or scream or anything! They will go after you. Okay Dahv?" A tear fell from his eye, and I wiped it with my thumb. "Please, Dahvie, you have to promise, do not move if they attack me. And if things get too dangerous, you fly, you bolt out of there, okay?"

He didn't like this idea, but he has no choice. "Okay, Jayy." My hands never left his face, I couldn't help but get lost in his big, wise, caring eyes. I kissed him again, I can never get enough of him. Each time seems better than the previous. All of the fear was starting to disappear. I refuse to let anything happen to him or the others. It will most certainly be over my dead body.

-------------------

A/N: Sorry guys, I know it's short and probably getting boring... My wheels are slowly turning, I've been so crazy busy, but I'm hoping to have an action-packed chapter within a few days. Thanks for reading, loves <3