Ch 11: The Right Thing

*Dahvie*

As soon as I left Jayy, I could feel the difference. My heart started to beat really fast, as my fear began to grow. I'm so afraid for my group, I really can't imagine Kelly fighting anyone, or Brian. And I was afraid for Jayy, they would seriously hurt him if they found out he crossed over. I flew over the treetops towards our home, and I looked back to see Jayy running through the trees. 'Please, God, don't let them hurt him,' I prayed silently. I turned and continued home, where Drew and James were sitting on the porch. The sun was fully risen, and I realized most of my group hasn't slept all night.

I landed on the porch and retracted my wings. "You guys should get some rest, we have to move soon." I told them.

They looked at each other and looked at me. "Where's Jayy?" asked James.

"He went back to his group before they came looking for him."

James looked down, "I wanted to apologize." He said quietly.

I sat down in the chair across from them. "Will he come back?" asked Drew.

I smiled a little. Wow, I can't believe they turned around so quickly. "I hope so," I said, "It depends on how the others feel."

"I talked to Brian," said Drew, "I told him that it's just a natural instinct to feel angry and tense when they're around, but we have to fight it, because no matter what he's done in the past, he deserves a second chance."

I smiled very big, pleased with his explanation. "Exactly. Is anyone else awake?"

"Yeah, they all are," said James, "It's not everyday we get this much excitement." He was trying to lighten the mood.

"Good, cuz I need to talk to everyone." I got up and went in side, and James and Drew followed.

It was awkwardly silent as I walked over to the living room, like they had all been talking before I walked into the door. I sat down and went straight to it. I was getting anxious and paranoid that the demons could come looking for us at any minute.

"So did you guys talk about what we said? About leaving?" They looked at each other, and I knew they hadn't, they were talking about something else. "No?" They shook their heads. "Well right now, it seems like the only option. Jayy is gunna try to talk to his group, one by one, about living peacefully," they all looked up when I mentioned Jayy, "But we need to learn to defend ourselves." Kelly and Michelle looked up at us wide eyed, they had never fought before, Michelle arrived here at the end of the fighting, and Kelly just came to earth a few months ago. She had been staying with nearby angels.

I continued, "I'm sorry, but you're all going to have to learn to kill. Of course, it's a last resort, but you might find yourself in a situation where it's kill or be killed... Or watch your friends be killed." I added, because I knew some of them would rather die then kill any other being, but they would not watch their friends die because of their pride.

"When do we leave?" Adrian asked. He is our protector, I felt safe knowing he was with us, he's an excellent fighter.

"I think we should leave now. I'm going to warn our neighbors across the lake, and see if they'll help us."

"What about Jayy?" asked Chris, "Will he keep in touch with us?"

"There's so much we can learn from him," spoke Kelly, who had been awfully quiet since Jayy came about.

"We won't hurt him again, and we feel really bad for the way we treated him," said Brian.

"He knows. I told you all he's different, but the more time he spends with us, the more dangerous it is. But I'm gunna try to get him to come with us and teach us to fight. It'll have to be while his group sleeps, so our sleep schedules will be off. Now come on, lets move. Bring all of the weapons we have and only essentials. We'll go to the forest behind the lake." I got up and headed upstairs, and they started gathering their belongings.