Ch 5: Growing Tensions

*Dahvie*

"Daaahviiie..." I heard a soft voice calling my name. 'God, what?? I'm so tired..' "Dahvie wake up." She chuckled, "Aren't you cold?"

I sighed heavily. Why the hell did she have to wake me up! That's the last time I let a chick sleep in my bed after sex. It was Michelle's friend, I honestly don't remember her name; we all split a couple bottles of Jack (The Jack we've duplicated since our existence) last night for our birthday celebration. Today starts our eighth year here on earth, and I'm getting more antsy every day to meet my demon. I'm starting to regret drinking too much.

"Dahvie wake up!" She climbed on my back naked band started bouncing on me.

"Okay okay!! Jeez I'm up!" I pushed her off and immediately started scrambling for some fresh clothes. I really don't want this girl to see me naked, and I don't wanna see her naked. I mean, I won't lie, I've developed a deep love of sex and titties, but lately, every time, I imagine my demon's face. I got dressed and walked out to my balcony.

The girl had slipped her dress back on and hugged me from behind. "I had a great time last night."

I didn't know what to say, I didn't feel like lying to her, so I just started singing.

"I'd clime the highest mountain, even in the dark

I'd swim the deepest ocean, to get to where you are

This sky will hold no limits

No ground would catch my fall

I will be your dark prince waiting

At your monster ball"

I think she took the hint that this was a one time thing, she lightly pecked me on the cheek and went downstairs. I turned and called after her, "Ask the others what they want for breakfast, I'll be down in a bit."

She smiled, "I'll make breakfast, I can cook. You rest for a bit, you look tired."

"Thanks...." I racked my brain for her name...

"Kelly." She smiled, I'm so glad she's not mad, I just don't want to deal with anything right now.

"Thanks Kelly, it's nice to meet you." She turned and went downstairs and I continued to stare out at the forest. Now I understand why humans smoked cigarettes, I wondered if anyone's recreated them, or found some marijuana plants... Or planted them... The demons probably have.

I scanned the forest, and I caught a glimpse of something that made me tense. A figure, standing at the edge of the forest between trees, staring up at our house. It took me a second to realize what I was seeing, every morning I scanned the forest, but never once did I see anything but a deer or a bunny staring back at me. I blinked my eyes and looked again, the figure was wearing all black, he had brown hair with blonde streaks in the front. He was far away, but I could see his features as if he was right beneath my balcony. He was a demon, his red eyes were narrowed and he held a smirk on his lips. After a few seconds, he turned and ran back through the forest.

Something is happening, the demons are stirring. It's been far too long without conflict, they must be growing bored from the lack of fighting by now.

I ran downstairs and found Michelle and Kelly making french toast, and Drew and Brian sitting on the couch. "Guys, I think we need to start watching the perimeter, I saw a demon watching us." Adrian and James heard my urgent tone and came in, then we started setting up a schedule to watch the house.