CHAPTER NINETEEN

A STUDY IN POWER

🔺 🔺 🔺

"Babe, will you stop reading that?" Abbie asked half-heartedly, trying to grab the ipad from her hand.

She laughed and pulled it away, falling off of the couch in the process. Abbie laughed at her but she pulled her back up anyway, giving her a light kiss.

Everything had been sickeningly sweet between them over the past few weeks, as evidenced by the fact that Patrick constantly told them to "get a room".

"It's funny. They all like me!" She joked, putting down the ipad over to the coffee table with the article still showing.

It was an old photo of the two of them, the one from the cemetery, but this time, with a new headline: Let the Princess be Happy.

Apparently, press people had been asking the citizens around on how they felt about the crown princess dating an unknown commoner, since she wasn't a supermodel or any other high-powered celebrity-but-still-basically-"common" woman she had dated in the past.

Surprisingly, most people agreed on letting the princess be, saying that she should date whomever she wants as long as she's happy.

"Ahhh, yes, that's because you're very charming," Abbie said happily, pulling her closer, wrapping her in her arms and kissing her really passionately.

Happiness was short-lived though when Patrick emerged from the kitchen, carrying a bowl of popcorn.

"Seriously guys, the bedroom is literally two feet away from you. You two should go there and do whatever you want." The prince said, putting the popcorn bowl on top of the coffee table.

Patrick sat down on the couch away from the two of them and turned the TV on. Abbie on the other hand glared at her brother but Katelyn just laughed, pulling slightly away from her—girlfriend.

She still had trouble vocalizing that, but she was definitely working on it. After all, she had already said the three most anticipated words. There was no reason why she shouldn't call Abigail her girlfriend now.

Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Abigail is her girlfriend.

"What are you even doing here? This is my apartment. Technically, I'm not being rude to you." Abbie said, throwing a pillow over at the guy and it hit Patrick square on the head. He muttered a soft ouch before throwing the pillow back.

"You know there's a riot in the house right now. I don't want to be there right now, at least until it settles down," he said casually enough, but she felt Abbie twitch a little bit from beside her.

It made her think that whatever was going on in their "house" was probably kind of important and serious. She didn't want to know. She shouldn't ask, and so she changed the subject quickly but tactfully.

Or rather, her phone changed the subject for her. It buzzed rather loudly, reminding her that there were still other people in her life apart from Abigail and Patrick. So, she snatched it up from the coffee table immediately.

It was a text message from Beth. She said that Harrold was in the hospital, but that he was OK, but in a lot of pain. He broke his arm during a baseball game.