CHAPTER TWENTY

LOGICAL THINKING

🔺 🔺 🔺

Abigail was absolutely enraged. And she was, without a doubt, burning a hole in the library carpet as she walked back and forth, words running nonstop all over her mind as she and Patrick were at their favorite spot again, the Great Manor's library.

Except this time, she was there against her will as she was summoned by the "committee" that her father had arranged, and asked her, politely—or possibly as politely as they could without trying to sound too manipulative—to find herself a potential consort with title, as soon as possible, or at least before her birthday, and that will be 6 months from now.

She was actually ashamed of herself because she could have protested. She could have stomped out of there—out of the conference room—really angrily, or she could have at least broke some things, some ancient pots maybe, but she just nodded, clenching her fists tightly. She just nodded and then she left the room.

"Can you please stop walking? You're making me dizzy. I'm going to throw up any moment." Patrick said as he raised his feet on the coffee table in front of the couch.

Abbie looked up at her relaxed brother and tried her best not to run over and just scream at him, or something. Granted, it was not his fault that she, Abigail, was born first and therefore, it was not his fault that she had to go through what she was going through as of the moment.

She stopped walking and fell back on the couch opposite Patrick's. Her brother was playing with his phone, effectively avoiding eye-contact with her and she felt the need to throw a pillow over at him and it hit his face, knocking the phone off his hands.

"Hey! Can you not?! I know you have a huge problem right now. And in case you're wondering, I was actually trying to think up of a way to get you out of it." The guy said as he bent down and picked up his phone, putting it on the coffee table. "How are things going with you and Katelyn?" She asked.

And there was the problem.

She didn't use to care whenever her father demanded so much of her. If it weren't for the bigger problem that she was enduring now, she would have taken the "find a wife" thing in stride, ignore it, just like before.

However, now, there were other things to consider; other people—actually, one person—in her life that made all the difference in the world.

And she wasn't talking to her.

"She hasn't talked to me in a week. She hasn't called me. She hasn't come over. I tried going to her dorm room but always, she's not there. I don't know where she's gone." She told her brother, burying her face in her hands.

She didn't know what to do now and she didn't even know what she did to merit such treatment from her girlfriend. Didn't she just say that she loved her a few weeks ago? Weren't they incredibly happy? What happened now?

She heard Patrick sigh and she looked up at him.

"Let's see." said the prince, taking his phone from the coffee table and dialling Kate's number. He then put the phone on speaker and set it back on the coffee table. On the fifth ring, she answered.

"Hello? Wazzup your royal highness???"

Abbie looked up at her brother with her mouth open in shock. Why, oh why, after calling Katelyn for about hundreds of times already did she answer her brother's call on just the fifth ring? What was going on? Was there something she needed to know?