Chapter 17: Some Stalker Type Shit

AHVI TAKEDA

"How'd it go?" Eman asked as I stepped into the passenger seat of her car. Jace had left already after asking if he wanted him to drop me off. I had declined because I needed some time to process my feelings. I had walked into the diner with worry and fear churning in my gut but I had walked out with something weighing on my chest and although it wasn't unpleasant, it needed some processing.

"Vi?" Eman's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked at her questioningly. "I asked you a question." She added and my eyebrows rose on my forehead.

"I'm sorry. What was it again?" I cursed myself out for being so distracted and...affected by the conversation in the diner although I had a right to be, didn't I?

"I asked how it went with Jace." Eman's gaze turned concerned as she searched my face. "Vi, what is up?" She asked before I could respond to the first comment.

"It was okay." I shrugged, my cheeks heating. "He still doesn't know what he's going to do." I lied. I hated lying to Eman but I needed to think about everything myself first before telling her or jumping to conclusions.

"I think Kiara is full of bullshit," she said after a moment and I turned to face her. Eman didn't curse. Ever. And if she dropped a curse bomb, it meant that she was serious. Deadly serious.

"What do you mean?" I frowned. Eman had known Kiara for as long as the rest of us had since Jace started dating her only two years ago. They dated for a year and half before they decided to break it off. None of us said it outright but we were all relieved that he ended things with her, especially me for more reasons than one.

"I think she is screwing with Jace." Eman shrugged. "I don't know why but I have a feeling that something isn't right." Her eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"You haven't even met her after the pregnancy, Eman. I don't think it is wise to jump to conclusions or assume things about her." I pointed out. I didn't like Kiara one bit but I wasn't going to question her innocence just because I hated her. Moreover, she was pregnant. How was I supposed to question a pregnant woman?

"It's this gut feeling that I have been getting since Jace told us about the pregnancy. I can't shake it off no matter how hard I try." She chewed on her bottom lip as she stared out of the windshield. We were still in the parking lot of the diner and Eman didn't seem inclined to start the engine anytime soon.

"What are you saying?" She was getting at something, I knew. She was rarely ever this serious and the fact that she was unwilling to let it go and had brought it up in the first place told me that she had something on her mind already.

"I'm saying we look out for Jace. He can go around and say that he's untouchable and a bad boy and what not but if Kiara is up to something, it will affect him the most. We already know he has major trust issues. We can't allow this woman to add to it," she said, twisting in her seat to look at me.

"And how do you propose we do that?" I cocked an eyebrow at her. A spark entered her eyes and I knew I had played right into her trap.

"By spying on Kiara." She grinned. I groaned as I slumped in my seat, a hand on my eyes.

"Not again, Eman." I mumbled, not wanting to look at her. I knew she was getting at something but I hadn't expected it to be her suggesting that we stalk Kiara. But I shouldn't be surprised. Eman had a thing about stalking people and jumped at any chance to do so. She could find out everything and anything there was to find about a person in a matter of hours. She didn't mean harm. It was just a hidden talent of hers that she bought out at times of need. Which this situation was not.