Chapter 2

: "5, 4, 3..."
He overcame many difficulties and finally picked out the last thread.
Song Ran tensed up all over.
"1." He cut the thread, and the red counter accelerated crazily. He got up and grabbed her hand, and sprinted out.
The scorching air and dust blew a gust of wind in her ears, but she couldn't hear or see, and was dragged by him to run desperately.
The sound of the wind, dust, sweat, and heartbeat can no longer be felt.  At that moment, it seemed that time and space no longer existed, and only the summer sun burned people's eyes like a glass mirror.
She didn't know how short five seconds was, nor did she know how long five seconds was.
At the end, he pulled her into his arms to protect her, and threw her to the ground.  The man's body covered her like a barrier.  The next moment, with the sound of a bang, sand, stones, mud, dust, and debris fell from the sky like rain.
The author has something to say: (The countries, regions, and people involved in this article are purely fictitious.)

chapter 2
The man put his hands on the ground and jumped up from the ground.  He patted the dust on his shoulders and cast a glance at Song Ran: "Are you all right?"
"It's okay." Song Ran slowly sat up.  The loud noise of the explosion made her brain dazed and unresponsive.
He said, "Take it easy, don't get up in a hurry."
"Yes." Song Ran nodded.  Her heart was beating so hard it felt like her chest would explode.
The air on the ground boiled like a fire.
   too hot.
It was almost noon, and there was no wind at all.
She tore off the mask, and wiped the sweat from her head and neck indiscriminately.
He walked over to check the situation of the bomb fragments.
Song Ran's heartbeat hadn't calmed down yet, her entire face was hot, and she subconsciously wiped off the ashes on her face.
Another sergeant came over and asked, "Where are you a reporter?"
Song Ran said, "Liangcheng Satellite TV."
The other party was very strange: "How can you let a woman go to the front line alone?"
Song Ran said: "I'm not here to interview. I'm here to find someone."
"It's already this time, and you still run to the north?"
"Come to find friends, they will take me to Gamma."
The other party understood, and said, "Be careful all the way, the situation here is unstable, and there are small battles outside the city."
Song Ran nodded: "I will. Thank you."
She got up and walked to the motorcycle, and subconsciously looked back at the man named "azan".  He was squatting on the ground with one knee, holding a fragment of a bomb in his hand.  Half of his face was exposed on the black mask, with a high nose bridge and straight browbones.
She felt a little inexplicable melancholy, she looked away, stepped into the car and was about to start it, when she heard a gentle voice: "Where is your friend?"
Song Ran followed the sound and turned around, it was him.
He was still squatting on the ground, looking up at her slightly.  Squinting slightly, the eyeballs are very bright.
Song Ran's eyes flew to the brim of his hat, and said, "Harris Hotel."
That's where the foreign journalists are stationed.
He glanced at his watch and asked, "What time is the appointment?"
"Ten thirty."
"It's too late." He reminded kindly.
Song Ran took out his mobile phone, it was ten twenty-nine.
She said to herself: "I can only go to Jiama by myself on a motorcycle."
He threw up the shrapnel in his palm and caught it again. A kind smile flashed in his eyes: "Do you know the direction?"
Song Ran: "..."
The mobile phone has no signal and cannot read the map, and she does not understand the foreign characters on the landmarks.
She raised her head to look at the direction of the sun, and roughly identified it: "That's south... maybe. If you're lucky, you might be able to keep up with the fleeing traffic."
He threw down the debris in his hand, patted the dust on his pants, stood up, and asked, "Is your passport here?"
Song Ran touched the large pocket on the outside of his trousers: "Yes."
"There are a group of overseas Chinese businessmen and expatriates in the city who are going to evacuate today, so follow them."
Half an hour later, Song Ran arrived at the Zhongfu Industrial Park in the southwest suburb of Su Rui City.
Zhongfu is the largest Chinese-funded company in the central part of Dongguo, mainly engaged in industries such as scientific research, communication and infrastructure.  Now the situation is deteriorating, the war broke out, and the expatriates working and living abroad have to be evacuated back to their country.  Zhongfu Park has become a distribution center for evacuated overseas Chinese in the central region.  Starting yesterday, Chinese employees and residents from several surrounding cities began to gather here.
When Song Ran arrived at the park, the park was full of buses, and there might have been a thousand or two thousand people gathered in the open space.
Occupationally, she turned on the camera equipment and shuttled among vehicles and crowds.
In the camera, men are busy stuffing luggage into the luggage compartment under the car, women and children show their passports to register and board the car, and middle-aged experts communicate urgently with their Dongguo colleagues outside the crowd, holding computers and written materials,  Talking quickly to discuss work matters; more Dongguo people are helping with luggage, or hugging and saying goodbye to their Chinese colleagues.  Several groups of reporters from different TV stations and newspapers reported and interviewed the camera.
Song Ran's camera accidentally captured a picture of a Chinese girl getting into the car, holding hands with a young man from the East with a high nose bridge and deep eye sockets through the car window.  The girl said something with a reluctant expression on her face. The young man kissed the back of her hand deeply and shook his head lightly.
While filming, someone patted her on the shoulder. It was the sergeant just now, the companion of "Azan".  He has taken off his mask, and his appearance is correct, with the heroic spirit unique to soldiers.
"I'll take you there to register."
   "good."
The sergeant took Song Ran to a bus and explained the situation to the inspectors beside the bus.  Song Ran passed the passport control.  The sergeant helped her carry the equipment box into the baggage compartment again.
"Thank you." Song Ran said to him before getting into the car.  →This→Work→Product→From→Thinking→Rabbit→Net→Provide→Provide→Online→Online→Read→Read→
The other party waved his hand, turned around and disappeared into the crowd.
He came and went in such a hurry that Song Ran remembered that he had forgotten to ask any of them their names, and he forgot to say thank you to the person named "Azan".
After getting in the car, her viewing angle was limited. She looked around but could only see a few walking camouflage uniforms outside the crowd.  Soldiers were maintaining order, urging the expats to get into their vehicles.
When dozens of buses were fully loaded and set off, Song Ran searched intently. They were all tall soldiers wearing hats and uniforms, and some of them were wearing masks.  It was difficult for her to tell who was him.
When the bus left the gate of the park, she saw several camouflage uniforms standing at the gate, talking together.  One of the men was a little taller than his companion, with a belt around his waist and a straight back.  When he saw the bus coming, he turned slightly to the side and gave a military salute to the driver.  On the mask, his eyebrows and eyes are very eye-catching.
His companions followed suit and saluted.
Someone cheered in the car, and someone thanked them loudly.
His sight flashed by.
Song Ran's heart twitched, and she looked through the window, thinking that it might be him, but before she could make a clear judgment, the car drove away.
In the blink of an eye, the figure turned into a corner of sight and was never seen again.
Song Ran looked at it for a long time, then exhaled involuntarily, and leaned his head heavily on the back of the chair.
The convoy has a military vehicle at intervals to escort these expats southward.  She wondered if he would follow.
She looked out of the window all the way, the blue sky, the dazzling sunlight, the dry sand and thorns.  I don't know if it was affected by the hot weather, she felt hot and restless.
At around two o'clock in the afternoon, halfway through the journey.  The convoy reached a checkpoint and stopped.
Traffic is blocked.
The highway was crowded with cars and people from all over the world who were stopped outside the checkpoints and refused to let them go.  Under the scorching sun, the sky was noisy, and the air was filled with languages ​​from more than a dozen countries.  Some people were negotiating with the government forces guarding the card, some were arguing and cursing loudly, some were calling to seek mediation channels, and some were frowning and staring blankly.
There was a scene of panic and chaos outside the car, and the people in the car stretched their heads out to look around anxiously.
Song Ran accidentally looked out of the window, and saw several camouflage uniforms from his country passing by.  She chased after her eyes, but there was no familiar figure among the people passing by.
After the two sides negotiated, the checkpoints began to let the Chinese side go.  The buses of the Chinese convoy passed through the checkpoints one by one. All the people got off the bus first, and the government troops checked the luggage of the vehicles and passed by. Then the passengers on the bus verified their identities with their passports, and then got on the bus after passing the customs.
Song Ran's car was the twelfth, and they had to wait for more than an hour to arrive.
Everyone got out of the car and went through the customs. Crowds from all over the world crowded together like a tide, arguing and gesticulating with their documents.  Government troops held them back with guns.  Song Ran and the others were pushed and shoved, and a small group of Chinese soldiers formed a circle at the checkpoint to protect their citizens and drag them to the checkpoint to prevent people from falling behind and being crowded out.

The crowd was crowded and it was difficult to move. Song Ran was grabbed by the wrist by a soldier and dragged to the checkpoint. The passport in his hand was crumpled.
Song Ran finally passed the test without being squeezed out.
When she got into the car, she was sweating again.  Just as I sat down, I heard someone in the car say, "It will be safe after passing this pass. There is still one and a half hours to Gamma."
"I heard that all airline flights have been grounded, but there is a specially approved batch of planes that can return to China."
"Can so many people sit down?"
"Don't worry, I just asked an officer and said that a navy fleet came to pick us up."
"Really? That's great." Everyone looked excited and relieved.
Suddenly someone said: "But those soldiers sent us here just now, they won't go to Gamma anymore."
"Ah? Why?"
"It is said that there are other escort missions. There are still a few batches that have not been withdrawn."
After a second of silence, someone in the car rushed to the window and shouted, "Thank you!"
Everyone shouted out, "Thank you!"
Outside the checkpoint, a group of soldiers were struggling to maintain order, but they didn't hear them; but inside the checkpoint, several soldiers who were negotiating with the Eastern Government Army with documents heard them. They looked back and waved their hands to say hello.
It was at that time that Song Ran saw him.
Her heart suddenly accelerated, and she almost jumped out of her seat.
He also looked in this direction, but he didn't raise his hand to say hello. He turned his head and continued to communicate with the government army.  Soon, several of them walked towards the convoy, gesturing to the drivers of each car and saying something.  This batch of convoy Lu Xu started to start.
Song Ran stared at him nervously. He covered his face with a camouflage combat uniform, and the belt was tightly tied; the trouser legs were straight and long, and the trousers were tightly inserted into the military boots.
He signaled to the drivers of several vehicles, made a forward gesture, saluted a standard military salute, and then walked towards the checkpoint again.
Song Ran's car started slowly, and she watched him walking towards him, but he didn't look at the car, but stared in the direction of the checkpoint, his brows were slightly wrinkled, sweat was dripping, and his black eyes were bright and powerful.
The moment people and cars passed by, Song Ran suddenly called out: "Hello!"
Her voice was drowned in the noisy human voices and languages ​​from other countries at the checkpoint. Neither he nor his companions looked back.
"Hey!" She called out again, but he still didn't hear it.
She stretched her head out of the window in a hurry, and shouted suddenly:
"Azan!"
Now, he turned around, feeling a little puzzled.
As if the sky was helping her, the car stopped suddenly and he was a few steps away from her.
She quickly took off her mask and scarf, reached out to him, and shouted, "Azan!"
He looked at her puzzledly for two seconds, but still smiled, and took two steps forward to reach out to her.
She grabbed it with all her strength. He was wearing black half-finger combat gloves, the leather fabric was soft, and his palms were hot and sweaty.
He briefly shook hands with her and then let go.  At that moment, the bus started to move suddenly, but she still refused, she grabbed his wrist reflexively, but tore a red rope from his hand.
He froze for a moment, and wanted to take a step forward to snatch the rope back, but the car had already separated the two of them and passed the second internal checkpoint.
Song Ran was also in a daze, and when she came back to her senses, she could no longer see him, only a red rope for safety lay quietly in her hand, still carrying the heat from his hand.
It was June 3rd, ten past three in the afternoon.
Looking back later, the day she met Li Zan was an ordinary day.
That day looked very ordinary, the weather was hot and oppressive. At that time, she thought it was an ordinary day in her life.