Chapter 3

Song Ran's jet lag was not reversed, and she still didn't feel sleepy at three o'clock in the morning.
Outside the window, the night is endless, and the rain is gurgling.
She sat by the wooden window, turned on a desk lamp, and organized the essay diary and sticker notebook under the lamp.  She supplemented the diary on June 3rd: she flew from Gamma to Guangzhou that day, and then returned to Liangcheng by plane.  When landing at Tianhe Airport, the people on board cheered.
She used flashbacks to record that experience, and when she wrote about the man named "azan", she stopped writing.
In the quiet night, she looked up out of the window.
The windows are old-fashioned row-fan wooden windows. The wooden edges cut the windows into neat small squares, and the square glass is inlaid with white lime and nails.
At this moment, Ye Yu knocked on the wooden window, leaving water marks on the glass.
She wanted to use some words to describe his appearance, but she only wrote one sentence:
"He has a pair of pitch-black eyes."
She tried her best to remember, and wanted to write something else for him, when the sound of glass breaking came from downstairs.
She went downstairs to have a look.  After she got home, she opened the window to ventilate. Before the heavy rain came at night, she leaked a window and left it open. The wind and rain dropped a glass of aquatic desmodium by the window.  She closed the window, took another bowl to catch the water, threw the grass into it, and cleaned up the mess on the floor.
Those months in Dongguo were too dry. When I returned to Liangcheng, it happened to be the rainy season, and the air was so humid that it felt like I was soaking in water.
Due to the return of humidity, the floor, walls, furniture, everywhere are wet.
Song Ran thought, after the rainy season, he would have to find a decoration company to add a moisture-proof layer to the old house.
This is a typical old house with local characteristics in Liangcheng. It is a two-story small building built of red bricks and cement, with red bricks exposed on the outer walls; the inner walls are painted white, and green footlines about one meter high are left at the corners; the white and green contrasting colors are clean and fresh.  The house faces south, with large windows and large doors for front and rear ventilation.  There is a stove house in the backyard, and the front yard is full of flowers and trees; the second floor has an open-air staircase and a large balcony that splits half of the space.
This is grandma's house.  The old man passed away a few months ago, and Song Ran moved here from his father's house.
The tube building where my father lives in the unit has two bedrooms and one living room. The house is old and small.  She and her half-sister Song Yang have been squeezed in a room of more than ten square meters for more than 20 years.
Her family was from an ordinary family. Her father supported the family of four with his salary. Later, when things became more affluent, Liangcheng's economy developed rapidly, and house prices rose.
When Song Ran went to bed, the wind and rain outside the window intensified.  If this continues, the flowers in the yard will all fall.
She didn't wake up until twelve noon the next day. The sun was shining brightly outside the window, and the orange leaves were washed with water, making them tender green.  Pushing open the window, the fragrance of the soil after the rain blows in; but no rain stains can be seen on the treetops on the beams of the house.
In a bluestone alley outside the wall, a few women who just got off work walked by carrying vegetables and chatting, and the children from the nearby school were also out of school, playing mobile games while walking.
Song Ran was leaning by the window to watch the news on his mobile phone. Dongguo anti-government forces captured two-thirds of Haru City, and the government troops retreated back to the south of the city.
From the day before yesterday to now, 24,376 Chinese have successfully returned to China through various channels by sea, land and air.  The officers and non-commissioned officers responsible for the evacuation mission will also return in the near future.
She looked at the rows of camouflage uniforms in the news photos, and sighed wistfully.
The book says that the encounter between people is one in seven billion fate.
I don't know if she and him still have that delicate fate to meet again.
She didn't have the heart to make lunch, so she made a bowl of instant noodles to fill her stomach, and went to the TV station.
After graduating from university, Song Ran joined the news department of Liangcheng Satellite TV as a reporter. It will be two years in September this year.
She just came back from abroad, and she was supposed to rest until tomorrow.  But now is a special period, and the Eastern Kingdom War is the current hot spot.
Liangcheng Satellite TV previously invested the largest number of reporters in Dongguo in the country. The reports were timely, detailed and covered a wide range of areas.  At this moment, "The Forefront of War", jointly broadcast live by TV stations and network channels, has won the number one ratings in the country during the daytime on weekdays.
In the studio, the hosts, experts, guests, and front-line reporters all carried out their work in an orderly manner; the behind-the-scenes directors, directors, editors, and copywriters were all busy.
As soon as Song Ran arrived at the station, she was told that the program team needed to make an end credits of the pre-war cities in the Eastern Kingdom at the end, and asked her to provide information.  This is not difficult, she quickly cut a few short films about 20 seconds long from the material and handed them in for the editor and director to choose.
When cutting the material, I saw the scenery and faces flashing across the computer screen, and the slight melancholy that I felt when I stood at the window overlooking the city of Ale that morning filled my heart again.
Many of the stories stored in her computer are being lost and are not known to the world.
When it was time to get off work, the supervisor Liu Yufei called everyone for a meeting.  The ratings of "The Frontline of War" continued to rise, and the Ministry wanted to add a sub-program after the program to attract ratings and advertisements.