Chapter 52

Chapter 52
Jose was waiting for Song Ran outside. When he saw her coming over, his face turned pale and he asked, "What's wrong with you? You don't seem to be feeling well?"
Song Ran shook his head: "It's okay." After saying that, he quickly got into the alley, looking up and around while running.
Jose followed: "Song, what are you looking for?"
Song Ran climbed up the stairs of a residential house and stretched her neck on tiptoes: "I want to find a good perspective so that I can see the entire hillside."
It was already past one o'clock in the morning, but the moonlight was very good.  In the dim alley, the empty windows looked like ghostly eyes.  The two of them walked around and finally found a rooftop, diagonally in front of the fortress. They would not face the gunfire directly, but they had a clear perspective.
Song Ran was still restrained and calm, setting up the frame and adjusting the instruments, everything was in order.  But after getting the equipment, she started to move it here and there, changing the viewing angles several times, but she was dissatisfied everywhere.
Jose said: "Song, the roof of the building is only as big as a palm, and it's almost the same from any angle."
Song Ran remained silent and finally settled in the outermost corner. He was restless and simply lay down and crawled on the edge of the building.  She felt that her chest and abdomen were touching the ground, heaving violently, and her legs and feet were shaking.
There was silence on the hillside, as if both warring parties had ceased.  But she knew this was a precursor to an explosion.  She pulled the camera and could clearly see the machine guns and muzzles hidden in the turret of the fortress opposite.
The moon is bright and bright, illuminating the hillside.  Tonight is extremely unsuitable for lurking.
Song Ran looked up and could still see the artillery fire on the front several kilometers away.  On such a quiet and beautiful night, no one in this city could sleep peacefully.  She looked up at the bright and eternal moon in the sky, and felt sad, why do humans do this?
His eyes were still moist, when suddenly there was a sound of cannon!  A cannonball landed at the foot of the hillside, causing a huge crater in the ground.  Song Ran didn't blink for a moment when he saw a familiar figure carrying an explosive device, taking advantage of the flying sand and smoke to quickly and neatly roll into the pit.
The fortress on the opposite side immediately fired back in sudden bursts. They were all emergency measures. They did not understand the situation and did not see the figures clearly.
After fighting for a while, the sound of gunfire gradually faded away. When the other party was confused and making judgments, another shell exploded diagonally above the pit. Li Zan jumped out of the pit and rolled into a new pit in an instant.
Only then did the terrorists on the fortress realize that there was someone and wanted to aim and fire at the pit.  But as soon as a head appeared, the long-range snipers on the Cook soldiers had been waiting for a long time. Bullets flew away, and the terrorists in the fort instantly fell to the head with a headshot.  Several snipers aimed at the mouth of the fort they were watching, and fired when anyone appeared to cover Li Zan.
The third cannonball exploded the crater, and Li Zan quickly jumped out and rolled into the new crater.  His body was pressed against the earth wall, breathing heavily, and the black mask undulated violently on his face, outlining the sharp arc of the tip of his nose and chin; his forehead was already dripping with sweat, as if it came from a battle in the water.  He had earplugs in his ears, but the shock wave from the bomb explosion at close range was so strong that it shook his head and seemed to make his internal organs tremble.
He tried his best to keep his head clear, panting rapidly and taking deep breaths. After only a few seconds of rest, he raised the blade on the back of his glove and reflected the light towards his companions.
Three, two, one!
The next shell hit a few meters away.  Li Zan clenched his jaw, stepped forward, stepped on the earth wall with his front feet, grabbed the ground with one hand, jumped out of the pit, rushed to the new pit and jumped in.
The terrorists aimed their guns useless and fired shells.  The Cook soldiers immediately responded with smoke and shells, accompanied by shelling the ramparts.
The walls shook and smoke filled the air.
Suddenly, artillery shells from both sides took off, and the hillside was filled with smoke.
Under the cover of smoke and gun pits, Li Zan approached the bunker gate step by step.
Song Ran grasped the edge of the building with his palms, his nails turning blood red.  She could feel the earth shaking from the shells from dozens of meters away. She was dizzy and nauseated. She couldn't imagine that Li Zan had just rushed through the line of fire.
Suddenly, the words he said while sitting on the motorcycle rang in my ears: "If you don't see me after the war, don't think about it. I should have gone somewhere else."
She suddenly had difficulty breathing. She opened her mouth and inhaled vigorously. Her heart in her chest was numb with pain and she lost consciousness.
The night in the desert climate is too cold.  She was shaking uncontrollably.
And Jose rested his forehead on his clasped hands, closed his eyes and quickly recited scriptures and prayed to heaven.
Finally, Li Zan jumped out of the last pit, got into the castle porch, and completely entered a blind spot for shooting.
His head was covered with sweat and dust, and his mind and chest were shaking like rolling waves; but above the black mask, those eyes were still sharp and bright, even showing a trace of ruthlessness and determination.  He frowned and took deep breaths. Without any delay, he quickly observed the structure of the iron door in front of him.
He touched the ground and found that the door was sunken, with no gaps and no way to break through.  Looking between the two doors, there is a reinforced sandwich covering the door gap. Although it can break through, it is not enough.