Chapter 59

Chapter 59
There is no Spring Festival in the Eastern Kingdom.  On the first day of the Lunar New Year, Song Ran was awakened by the sound of artillery fire. She kicked her feet lightly under the thin quilt.  Li Zan also woke up with his eyes squinted and looked at his watch. It was ten o'clock in the morning local time.
Song Ran is going to interview in a residential area today, and Li Zan is going to return to the team.
The two had a simple brunch and went out.  Li Zan said that there was still some time before the afternoon, so he would accompany her for a walk first.
Song Ran knew that he was worried.  The situation in Candi has become increasingly turbulent recently, with multiple forces fighting each other and a terrorist attack occurring every two days.  Not to mention street fighting.
Although dangerous, Cangdi has great story value.
It is the largest city in the northern part of Eastern China and the economic and cultural center of the north.  More importantly, it is a stronghold of the anti-government forces. It was captured and quickly occupied by the anti-government forces at the beginning of the war.  One year and eight months after the war began, Cangdi was under the rule of the rebels for most of the time.  Although it once became the base camp of terrorist organizations, the anti-military forces continued to fight against them and effectively contained the forces of terrorist organizations.
Because of this reason, the civilians in Candi City do not have a strong sense of resistance and fighting, and they are somewhat indifferent to the arrival of government troops.
During this period, there were frequent battles between government troops and rebels in Nancheng. Neighborhoods were destroyed and municipal administration was paralyzed. Many people moved from Nancheng to the north.
The motorcycle was traveling north and encountered a large-scale battle on the way.  Cannonballs flew and bullets were fired.
Li Zan had no choice but to take a detour and head east.
Song Ran said: "Don't get too close to the east, that is the territory of terrorists."
Li Zan said: "I know it well."
He knew the distribution of forces in the city well, and he meandered northward along the lanes within the control area of ​​the rebels.  Song Ran hugged his waist and looked around cautiously, and accidentally saw a white dome in the distance.
The residential buildings in the city are generally low, and the sky is high and the clouds are clear, so the sight is wide. You can clearly see the Cangdi Temple one kilometer away.  The huge and magnificent white square building is hidden under the blue sky.
"Is that Cangdi Temple?" Song Ran sighed, "It's so beautiful!"
Li Zan glanced at it: "Yes."
"I wanted to see it before the war broke out. It seems to be five hundred years old, and the queen of King Gucandi is buried underground. It was a marble temple built for the queen."
Li Zan said: "It is beautifully built and the design is very exquisite. Such a large mausoleum is all made of marble seamlessly."
"Do you understand?" She stuck her head out and asked him.
"I just saw its architectural structure the day before yesterday."
   "Why?"
"That place is now a stronghold for terrorists. We are trying to find a way to take it down. But it will take a week or two to study, and at least seven or eight teams will be needed to coordinate operations."
"Is it difficult?"
"It's similar to the Aare Castle. It can't be blasted. And there's a 500-meter-long approach to the front door."
"Oh." Song Ran said, "Then wait until you have a thorough plan before taking action."
Li Zan smiled lightly: "Don't worry."
As he spoke, the sound of artillery fire was already behind him.  When we were about to enter the living area, we encountered an anti-military barrier.
One of them is an international war correspondent and the other is a Cook soldier.
The rebels checked their documents, which did not embarrass them.  However, when he saw Song Ran's name, the soldier raised his eyebrows and asked: "CANDY?"
"..." Song Ran smiled awkwardly.  Because of that photo, many countries sent troops to assist the Dongguo government...to fight the rebels.
The soldier was very generous. He returned her ID and said unjustly: "You photographed terrorists, but we were beaten. It's really unfair. We don't see those countries directly going to war against terrorist organizations."