Chapter 58

Chapter 58
After the outdoor dinner, it got dark.
Benjamin and the others were chatting together. Li Zan put on his military bag, picked up an empty ammunition barrel, took a flashlight, and said he would take Song Ran for a walk before coming back. 
Everyone seemed to know what he was doing, and they laughed and asked how long it would take for him to come back.
Benjamin: "Twenty minutes at most."
Morgan: "I think at least an hour."
Kevin: "I think it will be tomorrow morning."
Li Zan was too lazy to pay attention to them.  Song Ran's face turned red.
After walking not far, Li Zan looked at her in the moonlight, funny: "Why are you blushing?"
She hugged his arm and asked in a low voice, "What are we going to do?"
He lowered his head and leaned close to her ear, his voice hoarse: "What do you want us to do?"
"..." Her face was on fire.  Wild... wild?
Li Zan looked at her with blank eyes. He suppressed a smile and stopped teasing her. He said, "You will know when we get there."
Clouds cover the moon.
In the mountain forest at night, the light is dim and the shadows of the trees are longing.
It's just dark, and the insects haven't chirped yet.  It was quiet all around, except for the crisp sound of feet stepping on fallen leaves and branches.
Li Zan asked: "Are you afraid?"
Song Ran said: "With you here, what should I be afraid of?"
He smiled faintly.
Soon we walked to the creek we had visited during the day.  Just when the clouds dispersed, the moonlight filled the mountain stream, and the stream was like a silver yarn spread on the gravel.
Li Zan found several locations on the hillside, stretched thin wires about ten centimeters above the ground, and hung bells.  If someone approaches, the bell will sound as a reminder.
After finishing it, he took Song Ran down the mountain stream.
The climate here is desert, and the temperature is low at night.  Song Ran stood by the stream, shivering.
Li Zan opened his marching bag, took out a small pot and tent bag, and collected branches from nearby. He quickly set up a wood pile and lit a fire, and put a pot on it to boil water.
She went to the fire to warm herself up: "What is this for?"
Li Zan raised his head, his eyes were piercing, and the firelight reflected his warm smile: "Didn't you say you haven't washed your hair and bathed properly for a long time?"
A few days ago, she did complain about the lack of water in her residence; today she also lingered a little by the stream.
He cleaned the ammunition barrel, carried a small half bucket of cold water up, and began to set up the tent.  He dismantled the bottom of the tent, used gravel from the creek as the floor, and quickly built a simple bathhouse for her.

The water in the pot was boiling, and he poured it into the bucket. He tested the temperature, and it was just right.
Li Zan carried the bucket into the tent and handed her his towel.  Song Ran sat in and took off her clothes.  He continued to add firewood and boil water.
The towel was thick and big. Song Ran took out the hot water from the bucket and poured it on her body. It was warm and made her whole body feel comfortable.
She kept pouring water on her body and rubbing it with the towel.  After a while, it became warm inside the tent.
Li Zan boiled water for her outside and asked, "Have you finished it?"
   "Run out."
He unzipped the tent to a small slit to prevent the cold night wind from freezing her.
Song Ran handed the bucket over, and he took it, zipped it up, mixed hot water for her, and then put it in.  She reached out to take it, and her snow-white breasts were exposed in front of him; he took a quiet look and zipped up the zipper.
The cool night breeze blew and the flames danced.  Li Zan squatted by the fire and fiddled with firewood.  The forest was silent except for the sound of water dripping inside the tent.
He picked up some more firewood nearby, and the fire grew stronger and stronger, and the charcoal exploded.  While looking at the water, he was alert to the movement around him.
"A-Zan."
"Out of water?"
   "Um."
After changing nearly ten buckets of water in this way, Song Ran felt refreshed after washing her hair and body.
"A-Zan!"
   "Um?"
"I've washed it."
   "Good."
Li Zan carried her clothes in, closed the tent, and handed her the clothes while squatting.  The stone was wet and there was nowhere to put it.
She had just taken a shower, her fair body was pink and tender, as if steamed by the heat, and her cheeks were very red.  She turned slightly sideways and put on her underwear in front of him a little shyly.  His eyes were dark and deep, wandering over her fair body, and then handed her the T-shirt.  She took it and held it in front of her chest. She hesitated but didn't wear it.
Song Ran turned her eyes, her clear and moist eyes looking straight at him; he met her gaze and swallowed softly.
She stepped forward and sat in his arms, hugging his neck.
He knelt on one knee on the ground with her sitting on his lap.  The girl's body is soft and supple.
"A-Zan, do you smell my fragrance?" She put her neck close to his nose.
He leaned close to her, sniffed lightly, and placed a kiss on her collarbone with his thin lips.  The girl's skin was so thin and smooth that he couldn't help but go deep and kiss her on the heart.  She trembled slightly, dug her fingers into his hair, hugged him, lowered her head and kissed his cheek.  He raised his head and kissed her lips, sucking her lips gently, licking them, and sucking her lips.  His long fingers rubbed her, and she whimpered through the thin fabric.
Her skin was delicate and warm at his fingertips. He could no longer control his heart, but he was still distinguishing the hidden sounds in the mountains and forests. He finally restrained himself, let go of her lips, and said in a low voice: "Put on your clothes first."  Come on, I'm afraid you'll catch a cold."
Besides, after all, we are in the wild, so we are afraid of any accidents.
He put on a T-shirt, a thin sweater and a jacket for her, and then put on pants and shoes.
The heat in the tent dissipated and the temperature dropped.
Song Ran shrank her nose, blushed, and looked at him with watery eyes.  He kissed her a few more times before closing the tent.
As soon as the tent was dismantled, Song Ran shivered.  She had just taken a shower and her hair was wet.  It trembles when the wind blows.  Li Zan took off his military uniform jacket, covered her head and body tightly, and then led her back to the camp.
Everyone is asleep, Su Ke is on duty.
Li Zan set up the tent again and spread a layer of sleeping bags on the bottom of the tent.
Song Ran took off her clothes and got into the sleeping bag. It was like entering a cicada pupa. It was full of his smell. She liked it very much.
Li Zan took off his military uniform, caught a glimpse of her excitement, and asked, "Is this your first time sleeping in a tent?"
She nodded, her eyes shining.
"Is it fun?" He smiled lightly.
"Yeah. Do you often sleep like this?"
"A common meal."
"A-Zan, when we return to China, can we also set up a tent and sleep outside?"
"Okay. I'll take you out to change the environment occasionally." He got into the sleeping bag and took her small body into his arms, "Is it cold?"
"It's not cold." She pressed close to him, "You are very warm."
He then hugged her tighter, his eyes darkening.
He kissed her, turned over and pressed her under him, and said in a very low voice: "Ran Ran..."
   "Um?"
"Don't make a sound..."
"Well..." Her legs rubbed and entangled with him.
Her breathing became heavier and heavier under his kiss; he was afraid that he couldn't control it, so he let go of her.
Tonight, I will definitely endure it very hard.
……
For many days after that, Li Zan was busy performing tasks, and Song Ran also sorted out a lot of information.  It would take several days for the two of them to see each other.  It's okay, I won't panic.  Knowing that we are in the same city gives us peace of mind.
Government troops gradually occupied the southern city of Cangdi, and the war showed signs of improvement.  The terrorists were attacked by Cook soldiers, government troops, and anti-military forces, and many strongholds were destroyed.
Although the situation was improving, it also triggered a crazy counterattack.  There are more and more suicide bombing attacks, causing heavy casualties to innocent soldiers and civilians. Some attackers even rushed into government military camps.  Li Zan and the others also changed their residences several times.  After all, the snipers, demolitionists, and artillery in their team have outstanding past kill records and have become a thorn in the side of terrorists.
The situation became more complicated day by day, and it was early February in the blink of an eye.
It’s the Spring Festival.
Song Ran did not return to China for the New Year.  Ran Yuwei knew that she wanted to accompany Li Zan, so she didn't say much.  Just tell her not to get sick or catch a cold.
Now is the coldest time in the country, but the temperature in Dongguo is more than 20 degrees during the day, so you won’t catch a cold.
Putting down the phone, she looked out the window. The sun was shining brightly, and gunshots were heard in the distance. There was no festive atmosphere at all.
But it’s New Year’s Eve anyway, and just thinking of these two words is enough to make people homesick.
Li Zan won't be able to come over until later.  Song Ran prepared the cassette stove and oxygen tank, and then went to the street to buy groceries. After all his efforts, he only bought a small piece of beef, a bell pepper, two cucumbers, two eggs, and a small bag of rice. She bought two more cans of Coke.
There is only one pot and two lunch boxes at home.  Li Zan hasn't come yet, so Song Ran doesn't want to cook for fear that it will get cold later.
She was lying on the table surfing the Internet. It was night time in China, the Spring Festival Gala was halfway through, every household was having a family reunion dinner, and everyone in her circle of friends was showing off the dining table.
Song Ran looked around casually and searched for nearby hot spots on the Internet. There were still endless wars and terrorist attacks.  Yesterday terrorists in Tsangdi blew up a bus, killing thirty-one people.
There was the sound of a motorcycle downstairs. Song Ran dropped his phone and ran to the window, but it was not Li Zan.
He parked the car, took out the key and got out of the car.
"A-Zan!" She leaned out of the window.
Li Zan raised his head and smiled at her. The golden sunshine shone on his face, which was handsome and meaningful.
He ran into the corridor. Song Ran poured a small basin of water and put it on the table. He went over to open the door. As soon as the door opened, he walked right in front of the door. The two almost bumped into each other and smiled at each other.
He walked in, reached out to open the door, lowered his head and kissed the tip of her nose.  She shrank her neck itchingly, smelling the smell of sweat and gun smoke on his body.
"Wash first."
"Hey." Li Zan took off his coat, dipped a towel in water, and wiped his face and neck.
Song Ran washed the rice, cooked it on the cassette stove, and cleared the computer and notebook on the table aside: "Have you called dad?"
Li Zan cleaned himself up and sent a video to Li’s father.  My father spent the Chinese New Year with his grandparents in the countryside. My uncles were all there and they were having a great time.
Song Ran poked his head and grinned: "Hello, Uncle Li."
When Father Li saw her, he smiled happily and said that he would let her play at home again after returning to China.
"Okay." Song Ran said, "I can go home in another month."
After the video chat, the rice was steamed and smelled delicious.
Song Ran put all the rice into a lunch box, fried the eggs first, and said, "It was March when we returned to China. It happened to be March when I returned to Jiangcheng with you last year."
Li Zan thought for a moment, put a few grains of rice into his mouth, and said, "Unconsciously, a year has passed."
"Time flies so fast." Song Ran said, putting the fried eggs on the lid of the lunch box, "Eh? Why did you just start eating?"
Li Zan took a fork and scooped up a pile of white rice. He just handed it to his mouth, opened his mouth, looked at her, and put it back obediently.
Song Ran put cucumbers into the pot and said with a smile: "Eat it, eat it. I think it's tasteless just eating rice."
Li Zan scooped a spoonful of rice into his mouth and said vaguely: "I haven't eaten rice for a long time." After eating it, he said, "Bread and ham, I'm going to throw up. When I return to China, I will never eat bread or biscuits again in my life."  .”
Song Ran smiled and poured the cucumber soup into the lunch box, and fried some beef: "There are really no domestic green peppers, only sweet peppers. I've been looking for these all day. I don't know if they taste good, so I'll just make do with them."
Li Zan was very satisfied.
Fried eggs, cucumber soup, red pepper beef, this New Year's Eve dinner, he couldn't be more satisfied.
There were not many bowls, and the red pepper beef was served in the pot; there were no chopsticks, so the two of them used forks to eat a bowl of rice together.
"The taste seems to be average." Song Ran said, "There is no salt and no other seasonings."
Li Zan smiled with crooked eyes: "I think it's delicious."
"You agree to whatever I do." Song Ran muttered, rubbing his feet under the table.