Chapter 46

Chapter 46
The sun always rises very early in the East, starting to light up around four or five o'clock.
Song Ran didn't have time to install the curtains in her room, but the light came out, irritating her eyes and waking her up.
Pei Xiaonan, who lives next door, didn't come home all night. She must be in the hospital for treatment.
Song Ran's appointment with Jose was at 7:30 in the morning, and there was still some time left.  She held a piece of bread in her mouth, sat at the table and wrote a diary, and then copied all kinds of information to the cloud storage disk.
Finished recording, 7:20.

After thinking about it, she logged into Twitter and posted a sentence: "Return to Aare City."
She didn't have the intention to check the comments that immediately poured in, so she searched for Li Zan's account and took a look.  His Twitter account is empty, nothing.  At first, he only applied to follow her news.
Now that she has become his ex-girlfriend, she may no longer need it.
While I was still thinking, I heard the sound of a car driving in from downstairs.
Song Ran put back her thoughts, put the bag she had packed on her back, and quickly went downstairs.
Sure enough, it was Jose who came.
He got out of the car specially and stood upright in front of the car.  When he saw Song Ran, he smiled widely, put his hands on his shoulders and saluted her solemnly, and said, "Song, I am very honored to meet you. You are every reporter's idol."
Song Ran had stayed with Saxin for a long time before, and was used to their enthusiastic and exaggerated way of speaking, but this time she still blushed slightly and said shyly: "I am luckier."
"Luck is God's favor." Jose said, "But God only favors excellent and kind people."
Song Ran thought that if she continued to be humble, there might be some words of praise to come out, so she simply accepted it with a smile.
Jose is a special correspondent for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the East. He is about thirty-five years old.
He is tall and has a chiseled face.  The high brow bones and deep sunken eye sockets are a typical Eastern appearance.  At his age, he doesn't need to grow a beard, and he looks much more mature than that guy Sashin. 
Today, he will take Song Ran to the combat headquarters of the Alara City Defense War to share war information with other specially invited reporters.  Currently, troops from nearby cities are dispatching towards the city of Aara, and a large-scale fierce battle is imminent.  The deployment and security issues of war correspondents also require unified deployment.
Jose asked: "You didn't go to the war zone yesterday, right?"
"No." She was still afraid of not being safe alone.
"It's still some time before the gathering. Do you want to go there and have a look?"
   "OK."
Jose turned at the intersection and took a detour toward a road heading north.
Sure enough, not long after walking, I heard the faint sound of gunfire.
Song Ran glanced at his watch, sighed and complained: "It's not even eight o'clock, doesn't everyone need to sleep?"
Jose laughed loudly: "Just get used to it. Where is there a piece of land where you can sleep peacefully in our country now?"
Song Ran looked out the window and noticed that along the way, many children were searching and collecting things in the ruins on the roadside.
She was a little confused until halfway, two skinny children in ragged clothes appeared on the ruins of a building ahead.
A little boy of five or six years old was climbing on the ruins; behind him was a little girl less than four years old. The girl was half-clothed and slowly moved on the rocks using her hands and feet.
The little boy rummaged through the bricks and stones for a long time before he found a piece of bread crumbs and immediately handed it to his sister.  The little sister took it and stuffed it into her mouth. The finger-sized crumbs went into her stomach instantly. After eating, she looked at her brother eagerly.
The little brother then continued to use his thin and small arms to turn over the bricks that were too heavy for him.  The younger sister staggered behind and tried to help, but she was too thin and weak, so she could only throw away some small stones in vain.
Song Ran took out the camera.
Upon seeing this, Jose slowly stopped the car and waited for her to take pictures, saying, "There are too many war orphans like this."
"Why not send them to a refugee camp?"
"These are people who ran away from the refugee camp. They are short of supplies and cannot take care of them. They are also young orphans and cannot get enough food."
Song Ran rummaged around, but there was nothing to eat in her bag when she went out today.
Neither did Jose, who shrugged regretfully.
On top of the ruins, the little boy suddenly shouted with joy. It turned out that he had picked up half of the biscuit pieces.
The younger sister immediately crawled to him happily.  She took the cookie, took a bite, and broke the cookie in half while chewing.  The brother quickly squatted down, picked up the crumbs on the ground and put them into his mouth.  The little sister handed him half a biscuit, but the little brother didn't want it and continued to look for it.