Chapter 26

Chapter 26
In the first month of the new year, the bottom fell out in the blink of an eye.
On January 21st, it snowed heavily in Liangcheng.
Song Ran walked out of the hospital holding a big black umbrella.  The snow boots squeaked on the fluffy snow.  She walked to the side of the road and stopped. The crowds and vehicles passing by made black mud-colored marks on the snow. It was ugly and damp, just like her mood at the moment.
She looked up at the sky. Through the black umbrella edge, snowflakes were flying all over the sky, and the sky was gray and white.  She was a little desperate, but also a little relieved.
In his pocket was a doctor’s diagnosis: severe depression.

Song Ran didn't tell anyone, whether her parents, relatives, friends or colleagues.
She went to work and came home as usual, taking antidepressants during the day to stabilize her mood, and taking sleeping pills to fall asleep at night.
Soon, her attending physician, Dr. Liang, discovered that her condition had not improved at all.
Dr. Liang asked her: "Does your family know? You cannot carry it alone when you are sick. You need help from relatives and friends."
Song Ran shook his head.
"Didn't tell anyone?"
"I can't say it."
   "Why?"
"They will be very disappointed in me." Her father always wanted her to be stronger, while her mother always blamed her for being too weak.
"Many patients will encounter this situation and cannot speak to the people closest to them. But even if you don't want to tell your relatives, you still need to find a friend to talk to and relieve yourself."
"I don't know who to tell." Song Ran said, "Sometimes, I wonder if this is a dream. I am the only one who is dreaming, and everyone else in the world is awake. Do you feel the same way? You haven't seen them with your own eyes.  If you die, you won't understand. I don't want to be Xianglin's wife and cut my heart open again and again to show it to others, and they just say, it's just that, it doesn't hurt to look at it. You are so fragile.  , be strong."
"But Ran Ran," the doctor said softly, "it's okay to be fragile. Humans are fragile animals."
After seeing the psychiatrist that day, Song Ran went back to her father's house.
She huddled her hands in her down jacket and hesitated for a long time before going upstairs.  Song Ran didn't say much, just silently placed the medical certificate on the coffee table.
Song Zhicheng looked at the list and was silent for a long time.  He heard that many young people are now sick, but like most parents, he doesn't know how to deal with it.
   "what did the doctor say?"
"Tell me to consult regularly, take medicine on time, and stay away from sources of irritation."
"What does stimulus mean?"
"Some negative emotions at work."
Song Zhicheng frowned and asked, "Are you unhappy at work?"
Song Ran didn't know how to answer. He rubbed his eyes and said, "No."
"Did the doctor prescribe medicine?"
   "Um."
"Then take your medicine on time."
   "Um."
Song Zhicheng found it difficult and didn't know how to deal with it. He sat silently for a while, then got up and went to the balcony to smoke.
The sound of boiling water came in the kitchen, and Yang Huilun went to pour water.
Song Yang rushed forward and held Song Ran's hand: "Sister, it's okay. Even if you are sick, you will get better. How about I stay with you for a while?"
Yang Huilun immediately scolded her in the kitchen: "Don't even think about moving out! Do you think you can hang out with Lu Tao without anyone taking care of you? His family looks down on you, and you still do it!"
"What are you thinking?! I'm not doing it for my sister's sake." Song Yang yelled.
"Fart, I don't know what you are thinking? If you want to move out, no one will care about you, there is no way!"
They were arguing in the kitchen, and their father was smoking on the balcony.
Song Ran was the only one left in the small living room.
However, she didn't expect them to help in the first place, but after speaking out, at least she no longer had to pretend that nothing happened in front of them.
……
This year’s New Year comes extremely late, and we don’t celebrate the Spring Festival until February.
Celebrating the New Year in Liangcheng is bound to be noisy, and the incident between Song Yang and her boyfriend caused a lot of excitement at home. On the eve of the Spring Festival, Song Ran went to Imperial City to celebrate the New Year with her mother.
The temperature in the Imperial City was more than ten degrees below zero, but Song Ran, who was wearing a sweater, long johns and down jacket, unexpectedly felt that the city was not too cold, but the weather was still bad.  She sat in Ran Yuwei's car and looked at the street lights shrouded in haze, feeling that something was wrong with her eyes again.
The day before New Year's Eve, Ran Yuwei took her to have her eyes checked, saying that she didn't believe in Liang Cheng's medical technology.
The ophthalmologist's surname was He. He was in his mid-twenties and had a pretty face. When he examined her, his movements were gentle, his voice was clear, and his eyebrows were crescent when he smiled.
Song Ran looked at him, inexplicably feeling that he and Li Zan had some similarities in temperament.  This resulted in her being docile and silent throughout the examination.
Dr. He smiled: "My mother and Aunt Ran are friends, you don't have to be so reserved."
Song Ran nodded: "I'm not formal."
Hearing this, he laughed again.
Song Ran finished the examination obediently. Doctor He said that there was no major problem at present, but he should not overuse his eyes and should pay attention to protection at ordinary times to avoid getting injured again.
On the way home, Ran Yuwei suddenly asked: "What do you think of Dr. He?"
Song Ran didn't react: "What?"
"He is from Imperial City University. He has a master's degree and a doctorate degree. His mother is the director of the department next to mine. He comes from a good family and is a very good child. He also likes to read books and likes literature and history. I guess he is your type."
Song Ran turned away and looked out the window: "I don't feel anything."
Ran Yuwei: "What type of boy do you have feelings for? I'll help you find it."
Song Ran said: "Emotional matters depend on fate, there is no point in looking for it."
Ran Yuwei asked: "Did you find your own destiny?"
Song Ran was silent for two seconds and then turned around: "What do you mean by this?"
"When you were deployed to Dongguo, a peacekeeper often appeared in the camera." Mother's feeling was so keen. "It has been four or five months since you returned to China. Have you made any achievements in your work during this time? You work all the time.  What's wrong with you, is this the end of fate?"
Song Rancui's heart ached, and she forced herself to close her eyes, not wanting to argue with her.
Ran Yuwei was still saying: "Now that you have decided on a career as a reporter, do it well. The same principle applies to seeking opportunities for development in the country. Don't be emotional. There are many good people in this industry, but only a few can become famous reporters. I have seen too many  Much. Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot, but what about you? I don’t know what is going on in your mind. It has been almost half a year and you have still done nothing. You are not willing to come to the Imperial City because the peacekeeper is in Liangcheng? You Xiaomin[gǎn]  If you are emotionally heavy, I am afraid that you will delay your future because of your love. This is a good time. Whatever you are afraid of will come to you. Let me tell you, I will never agree with your depravity. "
Song Ran opened her eyes and said, "Whether I fall in love, who I talk to, whether I come to the Imperial City, and how I develop is my business. Can you leave it alone?"
Ran Yu smiled: "With a bit of fame, my temper has become much tougher."
Song Ran's suppressed emotions were so easily ignited. Her eyes turned red and she said word by word: "Why do you always speak so excessively? Why do you always not care about other people's emotions at all!"
"Why should I care about your emotions? Are you still a child? What did I say to you, and you get angry at the first moment? You show me your face all day long, I owe you? Did you come to me to vent something?  Fire? I worry about your career, your body, and try my best to do your best, what about you?!"
"Okay. Stop talking. I was wrong." Song Ran raised his hands in surrender, turned his head and covered his eyes with his hands, tears rolling down uncontrollably.
Ran Yuwei: "You..."
"Stop talking!" Song Ran screamed.
The car suddenly became quiet.
She has never been so out of control as she is now.  Ran Yu's face was slightly cold, but she said nothing.
The two returned home and went back to their rooms.  But Ran Yuwei noticed something and hung up the phone to Song Zhicheng.
In the quiet night, Song Ran could still hear her parents quarreling through two doors.  Ran Yuwei blamed Song Ran's illness on Song Zhicheng - he was the one who let her go to the Eastern Kingdom in the first place.
Song Ran was sitting on the bay window. Outside the window was the glorious winter night of the Imperial City. The night was like a big net, covering the city tightly.
If the window were opened wider, she might jump down so she couldn't hear their noise.
But she couldn't jump. She just closed the curtains quietly, took sleeping pills, and fell asleep.
……
The day before New Year’s Eve, the temperature in Liangcheng dropped again.  The cold air is biting and bone-chilling.
Li Zan went to the dormitory to pack his things.  He chose this day specifically because there were few people in the team and he didn't want to say goodbye.
He doesn't have much.
Except for a few sets of military uniforms, military ranks, and military insignia, and a few books, there is nothing else.
The winter in Liangcheng is wet and cold. It has been cloudy these past few days, and the dormitory is also shrouded in a gray and dull light.  Even the always bright military green has become much duller.  On his bed, the quilt was folded into standard tofu blocks.
Li Zan took a look when he went out and locked the door.
In the corridor, a shadow slanted over, it was Chen Feng.  He knew that Li Zan would leave the team today.
He knew better than anyone else that this child was very proud. Now that he was in such a state, he would definitely not want anyone to see him, even his closest comrades.
Chen Feng still remembers the time when Li Zan first entered the military academy. He was an eighteen-year-old recruit. He was young, had no temper, and had a gentle personality. He smiled shyly at everyone he met.  At that time, he felt that he was not suitable to stay in the military camp, but he did not expect that the child was very hard-working, smart and eager to learn.  He is an upright person and has an aboveboard mind.  He has a gentle personality, but he is full of energy and has his pursuits and ideals.
Later, he was sure that this child would become a great person in the future.