Chapter 62

Chapter 62
Song Ran had a long dream, in which there was boundless darkness.
She opened her eyes hard, trying to see something clearly, but there was no light in the world, only the sound of gunshots coming from time to time, sometimes very close, sometimes very far away.
She groped around, trying to run, but she couldn't escape and couldn't find her direction - her feet couldn't touch the ground, and someone was holding her tightly as she ran in the dark.
She knew it was A-Zan.
She heard his breathing, which was rough, urgent, nervous, and fearful; she couldn't see him, and she wanted to touch him, but she couldn't.
She was so panicked that she called him, but she couldn't make a sound.
She obviously didn't exert any force, but she was very tired. Her mind wandered and she passed out.
When consciousness returned, it was still darkness. This time, she heard crying. A Zan's cry.
Lowly, with endless sadness and pain, he said: "Ran Ran, please take me away."
Her heart was broken. She looked for him looking for the voice and wanted to hug him, but she couldn't catch anything. His voice seemed to come from the void and she couldn't touch him.
The cycle begins again and again, endlessly.
She was in such a dream over and over again, struggling hard, but in the end she still couldn't hold on to anything, and eventually lost consciousness in the chaos again and again.
She walked in that dark world for who knows how long, until one day she woke up and her eyes were still dark. But this time, something was different.
She moved her fingers and grabbed the sheets of the hospital bed.
The next second, a strange call came from a Chinese woman: "The patient in Room V3 is awake!"
Immediately afterwards, a bunch of unfamiliar voices came in, all in Chinese. A doctor examined her body and asked her how various parts of her body felt. A nurse pulled her limbs and attached them to metal plates. She couldn't see anything, and she was flustered and frightened: "Where's A-Zan?"
No one knew or cared who A-Zan was. They grabbed her, examined her, and asked her questions. She couldn't break free and was pressed on the bed. A nurse said: "You need to replace the canthus membrane, but there is currently a queue for canthus donation, and you may have to wait for more than a month. Don't panic. We have notified your mother, and she will be there soon." Come here."
Just as he was talking, a familiar voice came: "Ran Ran?"
It's He Shanran.
Song Ran was startled, knowing that he had returned to the Imperial City.
The doctor communicated with He Shanran, but she didn't listen to a word. Not long after, the ward became quiet, and only He Shanran was left.
He sat on the edge of the bed, held her thin arm through the sleeves, and comforted: "Don't be afraid Ranran, you have returned to China, it is safe. Don't worry about your eyes, wait for the canthus..."
"Where's A-Zan?" She followed the sound and turned to look at him, her eyes unfocused and her pupils dark, "Where's Li Zan?"
He Shanran smiled: "He is still in Dongguo. He won't be back for another month."
She was startled and asked, "How long have I been asleep?"
"Not long after, I fell into a coma for two or three days."
"Why...it seems like a long time has passed?"
"Everyone who is in a coma will feel this way."
"It's February now?"
"Yes. February 10th."
She murmured: "Why isn't it cold in February?"
"You forgot, this is the north. There is heating in the house."
The ward door opened.
"Ran Ran!" Ran Yuwei's voice came.
"Mom..." Song Ran's nose suddenly became sore and she hurriedly reached out to her. The next second, Ran Yuwei took her into her arms and held her tightly.
"You scared me to death." There was a rare trembling and choking in Ran Yuwei's voice, "Ran Ran, you scared mom to death!"
He Shanran said that although the bullet hit her throat, it missed. When the bullet grazed her mandible, she fainted from the pain and went into shock due to excessive blood loss. After the rescue, I was in a coma for two or three days before waking up.
Only two or three days?
Song Ran felt that the wound didn't hurt at all. She tried to reach out and touch it, but she could only touch the gauze wrapped around it.
She couldn't feel it clearly through the gauze, and while she was still touching it, Ran Yuwei said suddenly, "A-Zan called you this morning."
She dropped her hand and raised her eyes, without any light in them: "Did you receive the call?"
"I have been holding your cell phone. He said that he has to carry out a relatively large task and may not be able to contact you for the next month. But when the task is completed, he will return to China."
"Really?"
"Yes. I was afraid that he would be worried, so I told him that you were recovering well and the canthus of your eye was almost recovered."
"oh."
"So you recuperate first, and when you've recovered your health, you can replace your eyes. He'll be back just in time, okay?"
Song Ran let out a sigh of relief and said, "Okay. Have you told him to pay attention to safety?"
"said."
"That's good."
She didn't talk for long, she got a little tired and said she wanted to sleep.
He Shanran told her to rest and left first; Ran Yuwei followed her out to inquire about Song Ran's condition.
Song Ran was lying on the bed, hearing the sound of them closing the door, and slowly opened her eyes.
It was pitch black in front of me.
She heard that they were completely gone in the corridor. She slowly sat up and groped her way out of bed. She touched the wall in the dark and moved forward bit by bit. He touched the sofa, cabinets, and corners along the wall, and finally touched the window sill.
She bent her knees slightly, probed down with her fingers, and touched the cold radiator.
She felt a chill in her heart. She hurriedly opened the window and touched it. There was clearly warmth on the glass. She groped quickly along the edge of the window with her fingers, finally found the switch, and yanked open the window.
The warm wind and sunshine rushed in.
She stood in the direct sunlight, her heart feeling cold. This weather is at least the end of May.
She has been in a coma for three or four months, and Li Zan has not come back.
......
Another month later, Song Ran finally got the corneal membrane and completed the surgery.