Chapter 42

Chapter 42
With the help of her mother, Song Ran finished washing and was ready to go to bed.
As soon as she covered herself with a thin quilt, Ran Yuwei took the silent cell phone and said, "Why are there so many harassing calls today? They're calling again."
Song Ran was stunned: "Whose phone is it?"
   "Your."
   "Give me!"
"Already hung up."
Song Ran fumbled and grabbed the phone and said anxiously: "Why did you hang up on me?"
"The number looks like rubbish sales at first glance." Ran Yuwei was confused and suddenly said, "Look, they're calling again."
Song Ran was angry one second, and hurriedly showed her the phone screen the next: "Press answer for me, and then you go out."
Ran Yuwei probably understood what she was about to say.
Song Ran said: "Don't worry about my affairs."
Ran Yuwei pressed the answer button for her, and Song Ran put the phone to her ear.
"Hello?" Li Zan's clear voice came.
Song Ran remained silent, her vision was still blurry, but she could hear Ran Yuwei going out.
"Ran Ran?" He called again.
"I'm here." She replied immediately, "I accidentally pressed the wrong button just now."
"Oh. Are you busy today?" he asked.
"I was taking a shower afterwards and didn't receive the call." She groped and slowly lay down on the hospital bed.
Li Zan heard the rustling of the quilt and asked, "Did you sleep on the bed?"
"That's right." She curled up into the quilt. She lost her vision but her hearing seemed to be particularly sharp.  She could hear the chirping of insects in the woods over there, and she also felt that his voice was particularly clear and sweet in her ears, as if even his voice had gentle power.
She felt at ease inexplicably and said, "I have some good news for you."
   "What?"
"I got my salary. It's a lot of money. When you come back, I'll treat you to dinner."
"Okay." He smiled lightly and sighed softly, "I just want to eat the food you cooked. ...I want to drink fish soup."
She giggled and said, "Okay, I'll do it with you when you come back."
"Yeah." Li Zan said and suddenly fell silent.
After a few seconds of silence, Song Ran asked, "What's wrong?"
He smiled slowly and said: "I have a month of special closed training later, and I may not be able to contact you for a month."
"...Oh." She sounded a little disappointed and asked quickly, "Is it dangerous?"
"It's training."
"Oh, I heard wrong. That's okay." Song Ran felt more relaxed, but after a few seconds, he realized, "Are you going to Dongguo after training?"
   "……Um."
   "how long?"
"Six months."
"Don't you usually go there every eight months?"
Li Zan paused and did not answer.  Song Ran was already talking to himself: "It's okay. I'm going to Dongguo in a while. I can still find you then."
He smiled and said, "I'll try and see if I can apply for three or four days before departure to visit you in the Imperial City."
"Really?" She was delighted.
"I will try my best."
"Okay. But if you can't win, it doesn't matter." She turned over and said, "Everything is fine here, don't worry. ...Don't miss me too much."

He chuckled, but was very reluctant to give up, and said in a low voice, "Why don't you want to?"
Song Ran's heart felt so warm that it almost melted, but her nose was sore.  The doctor said she couldn't cry now, so she quickly lay down on her back, her eyes widening.  The vision is still blurry.
The nurse would come to check the ward later. Song Ran was afraid that he would find out, so she yawned after chatting for a while.
"Are you going to sleep?"
"Yeah." She whispered, "I spent a day running outside today."
"Then you go to bed early."
"Okay, so are you."
   "OK, good night."
   "Good night."
The phone was hung up, and the surroundings suddenly fell into silence.  Only the phone radiated residual heat and was pressed against her cheek.
Song Ran lay there with her eyes open for a while, then groped for the bedside, found the switch, and turned off the light.
The blurred vision darkened.
After the observation period, Song Ran's eyes showed no signs of automatic recovery.
He Shanran performed a minor operation on her.
After the postoperative observation, she opened her eyes and saw He Shanran's smile close at hand.  He asked, "How do you feel?"
Song Ran blinked and said in surprise: "Okay!"
He Shan then took a step back and asked, "Is the perspective clear?"
"Clear." She nodded.
He Shanran came closer, turned on the light, and examined her pupils at close range.
She obediently raised her head and cooperated.
He said: "The operation was successful. Pay more attention to rest and don't overuse your eyes these days."
Ran Yuwei asked from the side: "If you hit your head again next time, will something happen?"
"It's impossible to say for sure. Some people may be OK if they bump into each other many times, and some may be hit by just one bump. I can only say that you should pay more attention to it. But don't worry," He Shanran said with relief, "What happens if something happens?"  There will be corresponding treatments for every situation. It’s not a big problem.”
   "That's good."
He Shanran still had work, so he said hello to Song Ran and left.
Ran Yuwei asked Song Ran: "Does Li Zan know?"
Song Ran said: "It's not a big deal, I'm just worried if he knows about it."
Ran Yu sighed slightly: "So you choose a career that is not good, but you choose a soldier. A soldier's life is not only the country but also the military order, and besides the military order is the country, you can only rank third."
But Song Ran smiled and said, "No. A-Zan's father and I ranked third together."
Ran Yu glanced at her slightly, speechless.
Song Ran stopped talking about this and said, "I asked you to check last time, but you didn't go there again."
"I'm so busy that I still have to find time to see you. It's quite troublesome for you." Ran Yuwei was about to leave, "I'll go back first if it's okay."
Song Ran took her hand and said, "You've already come to the hospital. Go get a checkup. You must go there today."
Ran Yuwei couldn't do anything to her.
While queuing up for registration, Ran Yuwei’s cell phone was almost full and she kept answering calls to explain her work.  She left as soon as she finished filming.  Song Ran left it for the follow-up.  The results will be out the next day.
The next morning, He Shanran came over for ward rounds. After checking Song Ran's eyes, he said he could be discharged.
While he was telling her what to pay attention to, Song Ran's cell phone rang.
"Excuse me, I need to answer the phone. ...Hello, how are you?"