Chapter 16

Chapter 16
"What did you say?" Luo Zhan stood on the steps of the back door of the hospital, completely surprised at what Li Zan just said.
Li Zan closed the back door of the hospital and looked at him: "I said, I want to join the Special Joint Force."
The Special Joint Force is a special combat force established by the Peacekeeping Command under the authorization of the Dongguo government in response to the war situation. It has the same front-line combat rights as Dongguo's own troops on the battlefield.
Luo Zhan emphasized: "That is a real war."
Li Zan smiled: "I don't intend to play either."
Luo Zhan stared at him with a serious look, and said, "You need your instructor's approval for this! You are a bomb disposal soldier trained by the Jiangcheng Military Region. If you want to have something to do, the higher-ups will ask me for someone, and I will go to someone."
Li Zan smiled, and said, "Isn't training me just for actual combat? What's the use of hiding in the background all day long?"
Luo Zhan frowned, took out a cigarette, thought for a moment, and said, "I don't care about this matter. After discussing it with the army, I will inform you of the result."
"Okay." Li Zan turned around and left.
"Li Zan." Luo Zhan stopped him, "Chen Feng means to let you come here to enrich your resume, make a contribution, and go back so that you can be promoted to the military rank."
"If you can remain indifferent in the face of massacres, no one can do it, so what are you talking about soldiers?"
...
When Song Ran returned to the scene of the explosion, the cordon had been dismantled and the street had been cleaned up briefly, but black traces left by Datan's blood could be seen.
She was about to leave after shooting a few videos, and saw a dirty little boy sitting on the side of the road, hugging himself, with his mouth pursed, stubbornly looking at the explosion site, wiping tears while watching.
Song Ran took out the apple that he was reluctant to eat and handed it to him.  His shiny black eyes looked at her, then at the apple, and took it without saying a word, holding the apple tightly in his small hand.
Song Ran wanted to touch him, but she didn't, so she turned and left.
That night Song Ran sorted out the photos in the hotel, and one of them shocked her a lot - the soldier picked up the dead child from the ruins and remains.  She didn't do anything to the photo, just posted it on Twitter with the caption CARRY.
Just after it was sent out, a message came in. It was a reporter from the British XX agency, asking if it could be reprinted.  Song Ran replied agreeing, and new news came in, and people continued to apply for reprinting, so she simply released the authorization.
At this time, there was a knock on the door. It was Sassin.
Song Ran didn't see him all day and was very worried: "How are you today?"
"At least he's still alive." Sassin shrugged, with a helpless and bitter smile.
"I'm sorry about the explosion."
"No. This country has endured enough disasters like this. It's just that I thought Garo was at least safe, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore."
Song Ran didn't know how to comfort him.
"Song, I'm here to say goodbye to you."
Song Ran was surprised: "Where are you going?"
"A place closer to the war." The young man who had just turned twenty said, "I don't want to stay behind. I'm going to Harpo."
Hapo is on the border, where the three sides of the pros and cons extremist forces fought.
The road ahead is dangerous, and Song Ran felt infinitely sad: "Sa Xin, please be safe."
"May you be safe too, Song. I will pray for you."
Song Ran didn't sleep well that night.
The cruelty of human beings and the insignificance of life all made her powerless.  In the Eastern Kingdom, she seemed to be thrown on an isolated island, living in the wild, far away from civilization.  But she couldn't even pick up a pen to write down her emotions.
She didn't fall asleep until late at night, and was woken up by Liu Yufei's phone call early the next morning, only to find out that something serious had happened.
Liu Yufei said that the photos of CARRY had spread all over the world, and she was asked to immediately prepare to connect with China and do live news interviews.  Before hanging up the phone, he said: "Song Ran, do a good job. The stage will praise you."
Song Ran was baffled and didn't understand what was going on.  After she finished grooming, she put the device on the shelf and connected to the live broadcast room.  This connection time is very long, nearly five minutes.  Song Ran was puzzled, but answered the host's question calmly.
After the connection was completed, she found time to surf the Internet, only to realize that the photo became popular——
The headlines on the front pages of European and American countries all published that photo, and followed the title Carry she created.  And the likes and reposts of her original picture reached millions, and the comment area was also crowded with words from various countries.
The domestic work groups are also flooded with screens.
Xiaoqiu: "Do you know what the British newspaper xx commented, saying that this is a photo that changed history."
Song Ran: "It's not that exaggerated... XX News has always written news in this tone."
Xiaodong: "But that photo was taken so well, I was in tears when I saw it! I really want to cry!"
Xiaochun: "At first, the international media's enthusiasm for the war in the East has subsided, but now it's heating up again. You have contributed a lot!"
Song Ran didn't realize how great this was, and was about to put down her phone and go to work.
At this time, Shen Bei poked her privately and asked the peacekeepers about the demining interview.
That episode of the show hasn't aired yet, but Shen Bei watched the clip in advance.  Song Ran's shooting materials are very good, demining, running on the hillside, carrying wheat, giving lectures, there is tension but also comfort.  Leaders praised that it showed the most authentic life and work appearance of peacekeepers.
Shen Bei asked: "Did you work well there?"
"It went pretty well."
"Is it hard to follow up?"
"It's okay. It's just that the weather is very hot." Song Ran guessed her purpose while typing.
"Are they easy to get along with?"
"It's all pretty good."
Song Ran waited for a while, but Shen Bei didn't continue.
She was inexplicably uneasy.  Her filming of Li Zan was just work, Shen Bei couldn't be so sensitive.
She was a little guilty, but after thinking about it, she did nothing and had a clear conscience.
For the next three days, Song Ran didn't go to the station again.
Until the fourth day, the front desk of the hotel told her that Luo Zhan had something to ask her and asked her to go.
A few days have passed since the explosion, and the injured soldiers have already been discharged from the hospital and returned to the army.  The haze hanging over the city gradually dissipated.