Kabanata 20

Kabanata 20

Superior

This is so hard. I could not think straight. After what happened days ago? I did not allow him to enter this private cabin at night again.

Ayaw pa rin maalis sa isip ko ang mga nangyari. I was so ashamed of myself. Did I really do that? Said that? Hindi naman ako gano'n talaga matulog. Baka ay dahil 'yon sa pagod? Hindi ba, gano'n naman 'yon? Mabuti nga at hindi ako tulo laway no'n.

The visitors already left the day after. Captain Gantuangco, for some harbour business. Ms. Zui back in her work as one of the popular and influenced female undersea explorer.

I heard that Mr. Acuaverde requested a dinner with Aleshien alone before he left to go back to United States. Fulfilling his duties as a submarine naval admiral.

Occupied with the thoughts of him the whole time whilst preparing my swim fins and full mask, and was already wearing my wetsuit, I did not notice someone's cold presence by the opened door of this cabin.

"It's your excavation day. Please be safe," said Daumier's deep voice.

That, I did not let myself be disturbed. "Hm?"

Nasa isip ko na nga siya buong araw at gabi. Tapos heto na naman siya. Hindi na ako pinapatahimik. It was even impossible for me to sleep early because of continuously thinking about him.

"Still remember what I told you? Ascend a minute after the planned time. Follow the diving rules. Don't take too long," he reminded in his hard tone.

"What if I don't?" Patuloy lang ako sa ginagawa nang hindi siya binabalingan.

"It's okay."

"Huh?"

My hand froze from checking on my full mask. I turned and finally faced him with the pixilated expression on my face that was once blank.

Parang kailan lang ay pinagpipilitan niya pa ako sa usapan na 'yan. Na dapat ay on time akong makabalik galing sa pagsisid?

Suspicious with his behaviour, my brows furrowed when he arrogantly pull off a cocky smirk after folding his muscled arms under his broad chest. Appearing really orgulous and superior.

"I asked Mrs. Siguenza to give you an extra tank or fill your tanks with more than the estimated air," mayabang nitong sabi. "I guess there's no need for me to prohibit you. Do as you please, Kaleidoscope."

Hindi na ako nagulat dahil halata naman sa inaakto niya na may ginawa talaga siya.

Binalik ko na ang atensiyon sa ginagawa. "Been doing that all my life."

"Hindi kita pagbabawalan. Kaya imbes na pagbawalan ka ay gagawa na lang ako ng paraan para maging ligtas ka pa rin sa mga gusto mo'ng gawin."

I groaned in dislike. "Ayaw ko nang pinagbabawalan ako."

"You do what you want. I'll adjust," he uttered in an understanding way.

Wala na akong maisip na maitugon kaya ay nanatili akong tahimik. This is the normal me. Since I noticed that I was being too loud whenever he's around me. Every time I was alone with him.

Lagi niyang nakukuha ang inis ko. Kapag naiinis ako noon sa ibang tao ay hindi naman ako umiimik. Samantalang pagdating sa kaniya ay parang mapapaos na ang boses ko kakasigaw.

Mama told me that silent people without showing any emotions are the most powerful. They were capable of any kind of pain, and not even reacting to it. I chose to be like that because of the tragedy I had been through after losing her.