Kabanata 24

Mature Content Warning. This chapter may contain content of an adult nature. If you are easily offended or are under the age of 18, just ignore and skip some scenes. Some words within are intended for adults only and may include scenes of sexual content, strong languages, etc.

Kabanata 24

Dipped

"Kaleidoscope. . . you wouldn't believe this but I think I like you. You can court me I you want—"

"Someone is already courting me, and I'm straight," I did not let her utter one more of her delusions.

Pagkatapos nga ng dinner sa mess hall ay hinila niya na ako rito sa madilim na corridor ng Accomodation Area.

Hindi ako nakaangal dahil pumayag naman na ako. Wala akong ideya na ganito pala ang pag-uusapan namin.

A faint light made her face visible in my vision through the dimness in this area.

She pouted as her eyes glistened. "But you called me 'baby' earlier."

"Because you told me that you're trying to make someone jealous. Kaya sinakyan kita," depensa ko at pagtatama na rin sa kung ano ma'ng pumapasok sa kaniyang kokote.

As quick as the wind, she shook her head. "No. Hindi na. Nag-iba na 'yong nararadaman ko nang tinawag mo akong 'baby'."

Napamura na lamang ako sa isip ko. Sinakyan ko nga siya, hindi ba? Nag-expect at assume na siya agad? Alam niya namang nagkukunwari lang ako gaya nga ng pakiusap ko sa kaniya na sasakyan ko siya?

"Problema mo na 'yan," tiim bagang kong sagot at tinalikuran na ito.

"Kaleidoscope."

She tried to run after me. Even reach for my arm, but I was fast enough. Malaki rin ang paghakbang ko kaya ay mabilis akong nakawala sa kaniya.

Walking on the standard width Promenade Deck of KV Ocean, I watched the darkness of the sea that surrounded us. The ocean was really creepy at night. Dark and its obscurity was unending.

My forehead creased when I realized something was wrong with the speed of the ship. It was unusual. Isn't it too fast? That was according to the length of waves hitting the side of the ship's lower deck.

Abruptly, a dark-cold name splintered in every corner of my mind.

Binilisan ko ang paglalakad nang napansin ang sarili na napabagal ang paglalakad ko. I had a bad feeling my gut was telling me.

Nagmadali akong pumunta sa private cabin at diretso na binuksan ang pinto.

I though he was not inside. Pagbukas ko kasi ay nakapatay ang ilaw pero nang tuluyan kong nilakihan ang pagbukas ng pinto at pumasok sa loob ng cabin ang ilaw mula rito sa labas ay doon ko nakita ang madilim at malaking pigura niya na nakaupo sa upuan nito.

Why didn't he turn the lights on? I was groping the switch on the wall beside the door and the private cabin illuminated after I hit the button.

I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

"D-Daum, you're early. . ." I swallowed when I suddenly felt nervous.

Kabado man ay nilapitan ko pa rin siya na nanatiling nakaupo at nakatungo ang ulo. Ang dalawang siko nito ay nakatukod sa magkabilang tuhod. He was gripping his handheld transceiver, the radio.

He was still in his uniform. Madalas naman naaabutan ko siyang walang saplot pang-itaas at nakasuot lang ng boxer briefs. Wouldn't he sleep here?

The heavy atmosphere with his hard and dark cold presence almost took my heart away. He looked unfriendly and hostile. The way he was gripping the radio, and the visible veins on his hands? Was telling me to get out of here at once.