4

The first glance of our male lead!!!!

It was almost midnight. Everyone was in their respective rooms. She was also in her room sleeping curled under the blanket. Her books scattered next to her , some left open, one had a pen in between kept as a bookmark and a packet of chips kept on the right side of the pile of books. A highlighter that was accidentally left open left a mark on a page of one of her notebook. Tired from studying till late, she didn't realise when she fell asleep.

Suddenly, a loud thud outside her room startled her. Her eyes widened thinking about all the possibilities that could happen. Without making a noise, she stepped down from the bed.

Before she could even reach the cricket bat kept under her bed, the door opened very slowly making her more scared. Slouching next to her bed, she closed her eyes tight. From a small void in the bed because of the design, She saw a figure standing at her door, his face was not visible due to the light coming from behind. 

She could only see the silhouette of the person. Her throat dried, she wanted to scream but couldn't. And suddenly, the person stepped inside her room and stood next to her bed and yelled.

'Mummy .......Sayja apne kamre mein nahi hai'.

She took a deep breath, calming herself down, standing up, she ran to throw fists at her brother.

'Ishhhaaannnnn bhaai, ye koi tarika hai aane ka, kitna darr gayi thi main..'. She said, wiping the unshed tears collected in her eyes.

'Arreee areee kya ho gaya.........'. Ishaan tried to free himself from his sister's attack but failed miserably when Sayja gave him a punch just right in the middle of his back.

'Ayeee mummy..........chudail kahin ki, itni zor se maara, par maara kyu? '. Ishaan tried to rub his stinging back but his hand couldn't reach.

Sayja left a shaky breath before saying,

'Aap bato, aise aata hai koi, mujhe laga koi chor aa gaya hai'. She pouted.

'Are aise kaise koi chor aa jata............'.he said, wrapping his right arm around her shoulder.

'Aahhh....'

'Kya hua bhai?'. Sayja asked.

'Ye jo itni zor se maara hai uska asar hai............par koi baat nahi aaj tera birthday hai toh maaf kiya, tu bhi kya yaad rakhegi.'

'Birthday...?'. Sayja gasped before yelling.

'It's my birthday......batao exam ke chakkar mein apna birthday hi bhool gayi..'. She said laughing.

'Ab chal muh dho ke backyard mein aaja.........aur baal bhi set kar lio, chudail lag rahi hai..'. Ishaan said walking to the door when Sayja threw a cushion at him.

Sayja walked towards the backyard with a bright smile on her face. But as she reached, It was so dark and nobody was there.

'Main sapna dekh rahi thi kya?.........abhi bhi sapne hi chal raha hai kya..........'

'SURPISEEEEE.......'. The sudden yell stopped the train of her unnecessary and nonsense thoughts.