23

ZINDA HOON 😭😭😭

ANIRUDH POV:

Clad in my crisp suit, I made my way down the staircase, exchanging nods with dad who was lounging on the sofa. With a quick stride, I approached the dining table.,

'Morning maa~' i said as I settled into my chair. Sayja and Ishann had their bags packed, ready to embark on their journey to the university.

Maa bustled over, serving up breakfast for me. Just as I reached for my spoon, the mischievous snickers from Sayja and Ishann brought me to a halt.

'What's so funny?' I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

Ishaan scoffed, cramming a sandwich into his mouth, while Sayja hastily swallowed her bite before replying, 'Bhhhaiiii yaar, you're so boring, huh!!! Bhabhi said yes yesterday. Show some excitement. You react more to getting a deal!'

'Shh,' I hushed her, gesturing for her to keep quiet. 'Eat.'

Ishaan rolled his eyes, nudging Sayja to join him in heading off to the university. To which she threw a glare at him, Nudging him to stay a little longer. Their silent exchange of nods with mom didn't escape my notice.

Glancing at mom, I raised my eyebrows, urging her to spill the beans.

'Take a day off,' mom insisted.

'Maa, I took a day off yesterday too,' I began, but Sayja interrupted, pleading, 'Bhai, please. We have to go to the temple.'

'The temple? Why?' I questioned mom.

Ishaan giggled, 'To fix the dates,' he explained, flashing a mischievous grin as he tapped my ring finger.

I sighed,yanking his hand away, leaning back in my chair and clicking my tongue against my teeth. 'What time?'

'Ohhhhhh~,' Sayja and Ishaan chimed in again, 'Of course, why would bhai say no? Anything involving bhabhi...'

'She is—' I started, but Ishaan cut me off before I could finish the sentence.

'Not yet, we know...' Dad chuckled from behind, peering over his newspaper. 'At 11 AM,' he added before returning to his reading.

I sighed. 'Fine! I'll be in my study room.'

TIME SKIP:

Seated at my desk, I glanced at the clock: 10:15. Closing my eyes, I let out a deep breath, only to be interrupted by mom and Sayja barging into the room.

'Have you seen the time?' mom asked, closing my files abruptly.

'Come on, bhai, get up... we'll be late otherwise,' Sayja urged, grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet. She clasped her hands together in a pleading gesture. 'Utne ki kripa?'

Reluctantly, I stood up from the chair, making my way to my room with mom and Sayja trailing behind me.

Upon entering my room, I noticed some clothes laid out on the bed. 'This—'

Mom quickly handed me the clothes. 'Wear this.'

'A white kurta?' I questioned, eyeing my suit.

'What's the problem with this one?' I eye my suit.

'Problem hi problem hai........,' Sayja interjected. 'Now change quickly.'

After some time, I emerged from my room, now clad in the kurta. 'Fine?' I surrendered.