10

🌙ENJOY🌙

A night before Diwali :

'Jai dinner ready hai, aap aur bhaisaab aa jayein....' Seema said in a loud voice calling them for dinner who were working in the study room.

'Bhabhi ye Dhara aur Sammu ko bhi bula layen,Please' Seema said to Nandini while preparing the salad.

'Haan jaati hoon. Aur ye lo maine aachar nikal diya h' She handed her a small glass container .

Nandini went to Samaira's room to invite the girls for dinner as well after washing her hands that became a bit oily.

The room was a whirlwind of colours and textures, a vibrant mess that reflected the essence of Indian femininity. Lehengas, Anarkali, Suits and kurtis were strewn across the bed, chairs, and even the floor. The vivid hues of colours clashed and melded in a kaleidoscope of fabrics.

On the dressing table, a clutter of cosmetics stood in disarray. Lipsticks in shades ranging from sultry maroons to bright pinks were scattered alongside kohl pencils and mascara tubes. Foundation bottles and open compacts of shimmery eyeshadows added to the organised chaos.In one corner. A jumble of intricate bangles, dangling earrings, and necklaces were strewn across a table.

Heels of various heights and designs were scattered around the room. Stilettos with intricate beadwork lay next to block-heeled juttis adorned with sparkling sequins.

Hairbrushes with strands of hair tangled in their bristles rested on the side table, while a hair dryer cord dangled carelessly over the edge. The room's air was infused with the sweet scent of perfumes, a delightful mixture of floral, musky, and spicy notes that hung in the atmosphere.

Samaira was sitting on an ottoman in front of the cupboard that looked like it was hit by a tornado. Her gaze switched between two dresses in her hands than to the dresses hanging inside the cupboard. Dhara was standing in front of the dressing table. She was trying different shades of lipstick to match with her dress tomorrow.

'Didu dekho na samajh nahi aa raha kya pehnu........' She pouted, Throwing the dresses away on the bed, she laid on the bed like a sloth on her stomach her hairs sprawled all over her.

'Dharaaa....sammuuu....bacche chalo dinner kar lo.' She said opening the door. Her eyes widened looking at the scene in front of her. She took a brief look at the room shaking her head.

'Ye kya haal bana rakha hai?' She asked, picking up the dupatta that was brutally thrown on the floor.

'Maaammaaa.......' Dhara stood up and clinged to her mother.

'Dekho na mamma, aap hi batao konsi lipstick achi lagegi meri dress ke saath.....' She questioned forwarding a box filled with lipsticks.

'Nahi tayi ji pehle aap meri help karo' Samaira held her hand and dragged her in front of the cupboard.

'Tell me, which one should I wear tomorrow?'

'Hey Bhagwan, tum dono bhi na. Party kal hai.Ye sab baad mein dekhna pehle dinner kar lo.........'

Nandini smiled and took Dhara and Samaira's hands and led them to the beautifully set dining room. The table was adorned with vibrant tablecloths and decorative candles, creating a festive atmosphere that perfectly matched the spirit of Diwali, Filled with a lot of delicacies.

After a hearty and delicious dinner, the family members leaned back in their chairs, their satisfied expressions reflecting both their full stomachs and the warmth of togetherness. The room was filled with contented sighs and smiles as they basked in the joy of the pre-Diwali meal.