14

NIGHT:

Ranas' just returned from Sayja's birthday party, all tired. Avinash settled onto the sofa, a sigh escaped his lips. The celebration had left him both tired and contemplative. He leaned back, reflecting on the fun he had and the memories that had been created during the party.

In the midst of Avinash's reflections, Ishaan appeared with a tray of water-filled glasses.

'Papa.......' He handed over a glass to him. Avinash took the glass smiling a bit and thanked him.

Sarika, who had already changed into her night outfit from her heavy embroidered clothes, let out a sign sat next to her husband picking up a glass of water from the table. Sayja, who was extremely tired from the event, went straight to bed after coming back.

Ishaan kept the tray on the table and laid on the sofa placing his head on his mother's lap before cracking his neck.

'Mamma yaarr......... bohot thak gaya main......' he said softly, grabbing her left hand .

'Itna thak gaye ho to jaake so jao beta.' She stroked his hair with her right hand.

'Hmmm.........' He said. Avinash smiled at his son, cherishing the moment when Ishaan was still a child. He was always a mamma's boy.

Anirudh came out from his room after changing into a black tee and black track pants. 'Anirudh, beta kal Harsh subah 11 baje meeting ke liye aa jayega.Files mere study room mein hai, I will hand them to you.......Aur office jaane se pehle Dhara ko pick kar lena.'

Anirudh hesitated for a moment but then replied, 'Papa She will come on her own, pick kar ne ki kya zaroorat hai..?'

Sarika chimed in, 'Beta.....tumhare papa ke kehne par she is working on this project......jaate hue pick hi toh karna hai, Kya problem hai?'. With a gentle slap on Ishaan's leg, Anirudh signalled for him to clear some space on the sofa, making way for himself to sit.

'Maa problem kuch nahi hai.......bas '. He stated again slapping his brother's leg as rested on Anirudh's lap as he settled down on the sofa.

'It's ok..........main hoon na, main kar lun ga pick.Kal vaise bhi koi important lecture nahi hai ' Ishaan suddenly sat up, cutting off his brother in between giving puppy eyes to everyone.

'No thanks. I will pick her, you take care of your studies.' Anirudh replied.

Ishaan shrugged his shoulders at his brother's decision. He gave a warm hug to both his parents before heading to his room. Avinash and Sarika followed suit, retiring to their respective rooms, leaving behind the night's tranquillity.

Anirudh on the other hand went to the backyard where his thoughts seemed to drift towards Dhara.Under the enchanting embrace of a full moon, the backyard transformed into a magical realm. Silver light bathed the world, casting intricate shadows and painting the landscape in ethereal hues. A gentle breeze whispered through the leaves, and the night was filled with the symphony of crickets serenading the luminous orb above.There was an undeniable attraction that made his heart race and his mind wander to her.

'Aisa pehle kabhi nahi hua...I am finding myself drawn to her, this girl has become the subject of my daily reverie.'

'Dhara.....' Her name came out of his mouth as a mere whisper. His head tilted to look up at the moon.Her name, a sweet refrain, dances on the tip of his tongue. It's as if the mere utterance of her name invokes a connection, an unspoken bond that defies rational explanation. He never felt this way before.

In a sea of people, she seemed to navigate her own world, and he, a mere observer from the fringes. Their interactions were sparse, particularly when it came to meeting each other's gaze; it amounted to nothing more than an occasional, fleeting glance.