18

Dhara POV:

My eyes furrowed at the thought when I felt a hand wrapping around my shoulder. It was chachu.

'Kya soch raha hai mera aaloo?' He lightly tapped his head with mine.

'Kuch nahi chachu....' I tried to smile.

'Aise kaise kuch nahi, kab se dekh raha hun kuch toh soch rahi hai....' He tilted his head looking at me. Sighing he came in front of me, 'zyada tension mat lo, jo hoga acha hi hoga. Bhaiya kabhi bhi tumhare liye galat nahi sochenge aur especially he will never go against you and your wishes.' He caressed my head.

'Honge bade lawyer vo, lekin order to tumhare hi chalte hain.' he chuckled softly.

'Dhara.....' My eyes widened looking at maa standing in the middle of the pathway, her hands on her waist.

'I think we should leave now.' I muttered, to which chachu nodded. We both quickly hoped and stood next to her.

'Vaise bhaiya toh maan jayenge par bhabhi ke aage aaj tak unki nahi chali, tumhari toh kya hi chalegi.' He whispered in my ear. I elbowed him as ma was narrowing her eyes at us.

Everyone now was standing together with mumma papa in front with sammu and chachi just behind them while me and chachu were at the last.

'If you ever felt uncomfortable or don't agree with anything or just want to say 'no' toh keh dena ... .ok? Kisi ki tension mat lena main hun tumhare saath.' He said.

'Hmm.' I smiled.

Finally, I looked at the house in front of me. It was huge. The garden itself was big with different flowers and trees. To be honest, The flower arrangement caught my attention more than the house. It was beautiful. I was lost in the beauty when sammu tapped my shoulder and asked to look to my left and it was another pathway leading to the backyard and filled with daisy flowers on either side. A bright smile appeared on my face. Daisies have always been my favourite- small, white and looks so peaceful.

'Namaste bhaisaab.' Aunty came out hurriedly with uncle following her behind.

'Dev.' Uncle came forward and hugged papa.

Greeting everyone, Aunty's eyes stopped at me. She smiled widely before gently taking me in her arms initiating the hug.

'Bohot pyari lag rahi ho. kisi ki nazar na lage' She lightly tapped my cheeks. Smiling at her, I moved forward to greet my uncle.
'Chaliye aayiye......andar baithte hain.' Avinash uncle gestured to move inside.

Sayja and Ishaan also came and stood next to me after meeting everyone.

'Hey soon-to-be Bhabhi.' Sayja said.

Bhabhi...... what? It feels so weird, so odd. The realisation that I'm being addressed as someone's soon-to-be sister-in-law just hit me, and it's such an odd and overwhelming sensation.

'Sayja.....' Ishaan glared at her, 'Vaise i am mad at you sweetheart, you ditched me and for whom? Mere khadus bhai ke liye. I didn't expect this. Mera toh dil hi toot gaya yaar...' He dramatically kept his hand on his chest. I laughed a little at him.

'Ishaan ab Dhara ko vahin khada rakho ge kya?' Sarika aunty asked, when i saw everyone was already seated.

'Aayiye devi ji. Virajman hon...' Ishaan held out both of his hands.

I sat on the sofa with Sayja, Samaira on my right and Ishaan on my left. My hands intertwined with each other as I was rubbing my left hand's palm with my right thumb to calm myself down. There were already a lot of things going on and I was trying to compose myself when papa said, 'Anirudh kahan hai?'My heart raced, thoughts swirling from a stranger to a potential husband, making my pulse feel anything but ordinary.I continued to gently rub my palm, attempting to anchor myself amidst the emotional whirlwind. Sayja and Samaira exchanged glances, sensing the subtle tension in the air.