20

A GLIMPSE FROM THIER FUTURE??????🤭

Dhara's POV:

'It's a yes from me, he affirmed with authority, his words echoing in the room. 'Aapka jo bhi faisla ho. Please tell me whenever you decide. And I promise aapke haan ya naa se papa aur uncle ki dosti par koi aanch nahi aayegi. Ye Anirudh Rana ka vada hai, Aur main vaade nahi todta...,' he declared, his voice resolute.

My eyes widened as I absorbed his words, the weight of the moment settling in. I could feel my heartbeat quickening, resonating loud and clear in the room. Did I even hear him right? 'Huh?' I stammered, a myriad of thoughts swirling in my mind. I had a lot to say, a whirlwind of emotions, but as I opened my mouth, no words came out.

His gaze held mine as he sighed, leaning back on the chair. My eyes remained wide, eyebrows furrowed, as I sat upright, processing the magnitude of what had just transpired. Anirudh remained seated, calm and collected, his hands resting on the arms of the chair, patiently waiting for my response.

'I-I need time,' I managed to say after taking a deep breath, attempting to compose myself. 'Do you want to ask something else?' he questioned, his eyes probing mine. 'Aapko kuch nahi puchna?' I asked, my voice slightly shaky. 'Nahi...,' he responded, making zero to no effort to break the intense eye contact.

Evening:

As the car came to a halt at the porch of Dhara's house, she unlocked the door, which Anirudh held open wide as he waited for her to step out. Standing on the third stair leading to the front door, she turned to him. 'Thanks for dropping me,' she expressed her gratitude with a nod.

Anirudh acknowledged her with a curt nod, his gaze lingering on her for a moment. Swiftly turning towards his car,His finger hovered over the unlock button, a moment suspended in anticipation.

'Bhagwan ke liye, jao yahan se. Haath jodta hun tumhare aage.........,' she heard her father's voice, a rare tone of anger and frustration she had never witnessed before. 'Sun nahi raha tumhe.....,' he yelled again, the tension in the air palpable. Anirudh's hand paused as he quickly stepped forward now standing next to Dhara, who stood frozen on her feet.she flinched at the loud crashing sound from inside the house.

she turned and rushed into the house, with the man following close behind.

As she flung the door open, she was greeted by the sight of a large vase shattered on the floor. Her gaze traversed from the shattered pieces of the vase to her family standing with a tense demeanour. Her eyes then locked onto the intruders — a woman and a young man, her aunt and her aunt's son, Umang. She could discern the malicious smirk on her aunt's face and then on the man beside her. Her eyes instinctively cast downward, her mind racing to comprehend the situation. Anirudh stood one step ahead of her, offering a protective stance. She looked at his face, following her gaze, and saw him glaring at her cousin — who stared back with a weird smile, throwing a wink at Dhara, an advance she chose to ignore.