19

The car was going at a very decent speed through the crowded streets of lucknow. The hustling and bustling lively streets of the city with sun over the head at noon was making the atmosphere a bit hotter than usual. During this weather, nights and mornings were cold while afternoons were usually warm. If she was at home right now, she would probably sit in the balcony of her room attending back to back meetings while having some oranges as they taste best while eaten in sunlight during winters.

But today she was in a car alone with a man, not just a man but maybe her potential future husband. Her face radiates calmness while her heart screams chaos. The journey unfolded not just through the streets of Lucknow but through the intricate labyrinth of emotions, with every passing moment leading her closer to an uncertain destiny. Her eyes went to the radio playing since she got into the car, her thoughts went back to the last car ride when she told him about her habit to listen to music in the car.

The car came to a halt. Her eyes wandered around the restaurant. It looked like every other restaurant she has been to, thanks to Srishti. The little details,the mirror work and the vibrant colours at the entrance speaks to the aesthetic of the restaurant-The Royalty.

The loud thud of the door closing brought her attention to the man beside her who got out of the car already.As her hand reached for the handle of the door, It was opened by the man in the black pant and a white shirt complimented with a ralph lauren chocolate brown sweater.

He opened the door and held it as a gentleman as he was. Stepping out of the car, Dhara took a good look at the restaurant.

'Do you like this place? Shall we get in? or do you wanna go somewhere else..... ' Anirudh asked. He was surprised to find himself talking so much which he never did, while she stood like a statue staring at the restaurant in front of her.

'Let's get in.' Dhara almost whispered as she walked towards the restaurant, As he closed the car door. Anirudh was quick to cover the distance between them now walking next to her. They both entered the restaurant as the door was opened wide by the gatekeepers. Nodding slightly, Anirudh thanked them while Dhara just gave a little smile.

Being an architect ,She could not help but admire the mirror work on the dome ceiling making it look royal, the area was made like that there was no sunlight coming in and the candles were used to light that area up. The ceiling looked like thousands of stars dancing together. It was a sight to see for her while someone had their eyes on her, as her hazel brown eyes shone under the twinkling ceiling.

She came out of the trance as he cleared his throat walking forward. She also started to follow him while getting distracted by the interiors sometimes.

Anirudh was walking ahead of her. He knew she was following him as he could hear the enchanting sound of ghungroos as she walked. He led her to the top floor pressing the button in the elevator. The door of the elevator closed, her eyes went to the mirror on the door. She could not help but see the difference in their heights, she was wearing a 3 inch heel and still couldn't reach till his shoulder. As some people entered the elevator, Anirudh moved and stood behind Dhara's back, staring at his phone. Her eyes went wide seeing him behind her. His eyebrows furrowed, As his attention was all on his phone in his hand.

He is so muscular, a gym guy i guess. Observing his broad and muscular shoulders, she contemplated. She lowered her head, cursing herself for thinking nonsense.

As Anirudh kept his phone back, He saw her head down. The elevator door opened with a ting sound. They both came out.

Dhara's mouth parted open looking at the terrace, It was perfect. A big square pool just in between surrounded by seating areas along its border. A large structure crafted from bamboo stood proudly, its ceiling adorned with sheer off white curtains. Anirudh led her to a square table with two seats, all the area surrounded with flowers. It was all empty, just them and some waiters.