13

The sun rises, casting a warm and golden glow across the landscape. The first light of day gently kisses the earth, dispelling the darkness of night. In the peaceful morning air, the melodious symphony of birdsong fills the atmosphere.

As the sun ascends higher in the sky, its radiant rays gradually awaken the world. The trees rustle with a gentle breeze, their leaves shimmering in the morning light. Dewdrops on grass blades and flowers glisten like scattered diamonds, remnants of a cool and tranquil night.

In the cosy comfort of homes and beneath the soft embrace of blankets, everyone is still asleep. The previous night had been a hectic and festive affair, with laughter, music, and the clinking of glasses filling the air. Friends and family gathered to celebrate, indulging in delicious food and joyful camaraderie.

At 9 AM, Anirudh, drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, swung open the front door. He had just returned from a long and strenuous run. His face was flushed from the exertion, and his t-shirt clung to his body, soaked with perspiration. Drops of sweat trickled down his forehead, and he wiped them away with the towel in his hand.Walking further into the house, he headed straight for the kitchen to grab a cold bottle of water.

'Aaaaahhh, Good Morning mumma, chai pila do please....' Ishaan half asleep, rubbing his eyes, came straight to the kitchen sensing someone in there.

Getting no response from his mother, Ishaan frowned and took a second look but found Anirudh standing there.

'B....b..bhai? Aap....Sorry... mujhe laga ki mummy hai.' His voice trembled, as his brother continued to glare at him.

Bhai ko ho kya gaya hai!!!

'Bhai aap theek hai na? Kuch hua hai kya.' He questioned.

'Nothing.' Anirudh grabbed the towel from the kitchen counter. He walked towards the door, but just as he was about to leave, he turned around and added,

'Prepare breakfast for everyone.....' Saying this, He walked towards his room.

Ishaan's eyes widened in astonishment, and he pointed a trembling finger at himself, as if he couldn't believe his ears. Anirudh's order had caught him completely off guard.

'Main...?' he stammered, his voice quivering with uncertainty.

Anirudh's gaze remained steady, his eyes conveying both a challenge and unwavering confidence. He said firmly, 'Yes you...' his words hanging in the air like a dare.

'Par bhai main kaise mujhe banana nahi aata...'

'Baatein toh bohot banate ho..I am sure khana bhi bana hi loge.' Saying this he walked upstairs.

Ishaan stared at the kitchen, bewildered and uncertain. He had never really ventured into the domain of cooking before. The prospect of preparing breakfast for the entire family seemed daunting, but he also couldn't ignore the unusual behaviour of his older brother.

Slowly, Ishaan gathered his courage and decided to take on the challenge. He approached the kitchen counter, glanced at the various ingredients and utensils scattered around, and tried to recall the few times he had watched his mother prepare breakfast.

Pata ni kya ho gaya hai bhai ko....kal se itna ajeeb behave kar rahe hain......... ab breakfast banao, blaah blaaah blaaahhhh...............

Ishaan whispered to himself as he began to prepare breakfast. Finally after looking around in every corner of the kitchen, he found the ingredients to make breakfast.

'Ok, cheeni, sauf, elaichi.....hmm aur kya tha haan chai patti toh reh hi gayi.' He moved around checking all the drawers, scratching the back of his head.