44

Y/n sat by Jungwon's bedside, her voice soft and determined as she spoke to him, as if he could hear every word. "Jungwon, I know you're in there, fighting. And I need you to keep fighting, not just for yourself, but for us too. For me, for our baby."

She reached out and gently placed his unbroken hand on her belly, where the faintest hint of a bump was beginning to show. Her fingers trembled slightly as she guided his hand to rest there, her heart aching with a mix of emotions.

"You're going to be a father, Jungwon," Y/n continued, her voice catching. "Our baby needs you, needs their dad. I need you too." She paused, her eyes welling up with tears that she fought to hold back. "I may be angry at you, hurt by you, but I can't deny that a part of me still cares for you."

As she spoke, Y/n couldn't help but recall the moments they had shared, the love they had once felt for each other. It was a complicated tangle of emotions, but beneath it all, there was still a connection that she couldn't deny.

"I won't lie, Jungwon. This situation is so difficult, and I'm scared. Scared for you, scared for us, scared for our future. But I believe in you, in us. We can get through this together." Her voice quivered as she held his hand against her belly as if seeking strength from their connection.

Y/n's gaze shifted to Jungwon's face, his features peaceful despite the turmoil he was going through. "I want you to wake up, Jungwon. I want us to face this together, to be there for each other, to be there for our child." Her voice wavered, and a tear finally slipped down her cheek. "Please, come back to us."

She leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead, her lips lingering for a moment before she pulled back. With a deep breath, she settled back in her seat, never releasing his hand from her belly.

"I'll be here, Jungwon," she whispered, her voice full of determination. "Waiting for you to come back to us."

And so, Y/n sat by his side, talking to him, sharing her hopes and fears, and holding onto the belief that their love and their unborn child could be the reasons that would bring him back from the darkness he was trapped in.

Stepping outside:

Heeseung gently placed a hand on Y/n's shoulder, his touch a comforting anchor in the midst of her emotional storm. "Y/n, come on. Let's step outside for a moment. You need to catch your breath."

Y/n's gaze remained fixed on Jungwon for a moment longer before she reluctantly nodded, allowing Heeseung to guide her toward the door. Jay and Sunghoon exchanged worried glances, their concern for both Y/n and Jungwon evident in their eyes.

As they stepped out into the hallway, Heeseung gently closed the door behind them, creating a buffer from the heavy atmosphere of the hospital room. He led her to a quiet corner, away from the bustling activity of the hospital, where they could have a moment of privacy.

Y/n took a shaky breath, her emotions threatening to overwhelm her. "I just... I had to talk to him, you know? I had to let him know how much he means to me, to us."

Heeseung nodded understandingly, his expression soft with empathy. "I know, Y/n. And he heard you, I believe that. But right now, you need to take care of yourself too. Jungwon is strong, and he's fighting. We all believe that."

Tears welled up in Y/n's eyes, and she wiped them away with the back of her hand. "I'm scared, Heeseung. Scared of losing him, scared of being alone with this baby. What if he never wakes up?"

Heeseung's voice was gentle but firm as he spoke. "We can't control what happens, Y/n. All we can do is be there for Jungwon and support you. You're not alone in this, okay? We're here for you, no matter what."