46

Y/n sat in the chair by Jungwon's bedside, her fingers delicately intertwined with his. The rhythmic beeping of the machines punctuated the quiet room, and the soft daylight filtered through the curtains. She took a deep breath, finding a sense of solace in the familiar surroundings.

"Hey," Y/n whispered, her voice barely louder than a murmur. "I just got back from my therapy session. It was... It was helpful, I guess. I talked about us, about you, and about how messed up things have gotten. You know, it's strange. I feel silly for still caring about you after what you did, but... I can't help it. I still love you, Jungwon."

She traced circles on the back of his hand with her thumb, her eyes glistening with emotion. "I know you can't hear me or respond, but... I need to say these things. I need to let them out."

Y/n let out a sigh, a mixture of frustration and sadness in her voice. "I wish I could be strong and just walk away, but it's not that easy. You were my everything, Jungwon. And now... now there's a part of you inside me." She placed his hand on her stomach, gently resting it over the small bump. "Our baby. Can you feel that, Jungwon? Can you feel our baby?"

Her heart raced as she held her breath, waiting for any sign of response. And then, she felt it-an almost imperceptible squeeze of his hand against hers. A tear escaped her eye as a mixture of hope and joy washed over her.

"Jungwon?" Y/n's voice quivered with anticipation. "If you can hear me, if you can understand, can you squeeze my hand again?"

Seconds stretched into eternity, and then, she felt it-a subtle, deliberate pressure against her fingers. Y/n's lips curved into a tremulous smile, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Oh my god, Jungwon. You're there. You're there with me."

With newfound energy, Y/n began asking yes-or-no questions, instructing Jungwon to squeeze her hand once for 'yes' and twice for 'no.' She covered a range of topics-his accident, his health, her pregnancy, and even their future.

"Jungwon, can you hear me?" One squeeze.

"Are you in pain?" Two squeezes.

"Is there any way you can communicate?" One squeeze.

"Are you scared?" Two squeezes.

And then, the most pivotal question of all: "Do you want to meet our baby?" Y/n held her breath, her heart pounding as she awaited his response.

A single, reassuring squeeze.

Tears of joy flowed freely down Y/n's cheeks as she leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to Jungwon's forehead. "Thank you, Jungwon. Thank you for being there, for letting me know that you're still with me, even if you can't say it out loud."

In that profound moment of connection, Y/n felt a glimmer of hope that perhaps, somehow, their love could transcend even the most challenging circumstances. With determination in her heart, she vowed to continue talking to Jungwon, sharing her thoughts and feelings, and cherishing every precious moment of their connection, no matter how unconventional it may be.

~ Time skip, couple days later ~

The hospital room was filled with a sense of camaraderie, an unspoken understanding between Y/n and Jungwon's friends. They had gathered around his bedside, each taking turns to ask questions, eagerly awaiting his responses in the form of gentle hand squeezes.

"Hey, Jungwon," Heeseung began, his voice laced with both curiosity and caution. "Can you hear us?"

A soft squeeze.

Jay's eyes widened in amazement. "That's incredible. Okay, buddy, if you remember, can you tell us what's the last thing you remember before the accident?"