45

~ Next day ~

The morning sunlight filtered through the windows, casting a gentle glow across the kitchen table where Y/n, Heeseung, and Jake were seated. Plates of breakfast sat in front of them, but the atmosphere was subdued, weighed down by the heaviness of recent events.

Heeseung cleared his throat, his gaze fixed on Y/n. "Y/n, we're really worried about you. We know you've been through a lot, and it's okay to seek some help, you know? Talking to a therapist or a counselor could really help you navigate through this."

Y/n poked at her food, her expression distant. "I don't know, guys. I mean, I appreciate your concern, but I'm not sure if talking to a stranger about my problems is going to make any difference."

Jake chimed in, his voice gentle. "It's not about talking to a stranger, Y/n. It's about having someone who's trained to help you process your emotions and thoughts. They can give you tools to cope, especially during times like these."

Heeseung nodded in agreement. "And it's not a sign of weakness to ask for help. In fact, it takes a lot of strength to admit that you need it. We just want what's best for you and the baby."

Y/n sighed, her shoulders slumping. "I know you're right. It's just... it's hard, you know? I thought I had everything figured out, and now everything's turned upside down."

Heeseung reached out and placed a comforting hand on Y/n's. "We're here for you, Y/n. We'll support you every step of the way, no matter what you decide. But we really think this could be beneficial for you."

Y/n met their concerned gazes, and a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Okay, I'll do it. I'll make an appointment."

Jake grinned, relief evident in his eyes. "That's the spirit, Y/n. We're proud of you."

As they continued their breakfast, the weight of the conversation lingered in the air, but there was also a sense of hope. Y/n had taken a step towards seeking the help she needed, and with Heeseung and Jake by her side, she felt a glimmer of strength returning to her.

~ Later that day ~

The sun was beginning its descent, casting warm hues of orange and pink across the cityscape outside. Y/n sat on the couch in Heeseung and Jake's apartment, her phone in hand as she scrolled through a gallery filled with memories of happier times. Her heart ached as she looked at pictures of her and Jungwon, their smiles and laughter frozen in time.

Her fingers hesitated over a particular photo, a candid shot of them at the dog cafe, surrounded by wagging tails and playful barks. She traced Jungwon's face on the screen, her mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.

Taking a deep breath, Y/n put her phone down and picked up her own thoughts. She needed to take a step forward, to focus on her own well-being and the life growing within her. Determination settled in her gaze as she reached for her phone once again.

Dialing the number of the therapist's office, Y/n's heart raced with a mix of nerves and anticipation. After a few rings, a soft voice answered on the other end. "Hello, this is Dr. Park's office. How may I assist you?"

"Hi, I'd like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Park," Y/n replied, her voice steady despite the butterflies in her stomach.

"Certainly. May I have your name, please?"

"It's Y/n," she said, providing her details as the receptionist checked the schedule.

"We have an opening tomorrow afternoon at 2:00 PM. Does that work for you?"

Y/n glanced at the clock on the wall. Tomorrow afternoon seemed like a distant promise, yet also a glimmer of hope. "Yes, that works. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Y/n. We look forward to seeing you. Take care."

Y/n ended the call, a sense of accomplishment washing over her. She knew that taking this step was important, not just for herself but for the baby she was carrying. With newfound resolve, she decided to make another call.

Dialing Sarah's number, Y/n leaned back against the couch cushions. As the phone rang, her mind wandered to the suitcase she had left behind at her own house - a reminder of the life she was temporarily leaving behind.

"Hey, Y/n!" Sarah's voice came through the line, full of warmth.

"Hi, Sarah. I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Y/n replied.

"Not at all. What's up?"

"I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Could you pick up my suitcase from my house and bring it over to Heeseung and Jake's place? I think I'll be staying here for a while."

There was a brief pause on the other end, and then Sarah's voice softened. "Of course, Y/n. I'll grab your stuff and be there in a bit."

"Thanks, Sarah. I appreciate it."

"No problem at all. See you soon!"

As Y/n hung up the phone, she felt a sense of gratitude for the people who were standing by her side - friends who offered their support when she needed it most. With the therapist appointment and her belongings on the way, Y/n felt a glimmer of hope that she could find a way to heal and move forward, even in the midst of her tumultuous emotions.

~ Time skip, therapy appointment ~

Y/n sat in the waiting area, her heart fluttering with a mix of anticipation and nerves. The soothing colors of the room and the soft instrumental music playing in the background provided a semblance of calm, but her thoughts were still a whirlwind.

After what felt like both a fleeting moment and an eternity, the door to the therapist's room opened, and a gentle voice called her name. "Y/n? Dr. Park is ready to see you now."

Y/n nodded and stood up, taking a deep breath to steady herself. She followed the receptionist down a short hallway, her steps echoing in the quiet space. The door to the therapist's office opened, and Y/n entered, her gaze settling on Dr. Park, a warm and welcoming presence seated behind a desk.

"Hello, Y/n. Please, have a seat," Dr. Park said, gesturing to the comfortable chair opposite her desk.

"Thank you," Y/n replied softly, her voice carrying a mixture of vulnerability and determination. She took a seat, her fingers interlacing in her lap as she met Dr. Park's gaze.

Dr. Park offered a kind smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Park, and I'm here to help you navigate whatever you're going through."

Y/n nodded, feeling a lump form in her throat. "Thank you for seeing me. I... I've been through a lot recently, and I thought it might help to talk to someone."

"That's a brave step to take, Y/n. I'm here to provide a safe space for you to share your thoughts and feelings. Everything we discuss is confidential, and my goal is to support you on your journey to healing."

Y/n took another deep breath, her eyes welling up with unshed tears. "I appreciate that. There's... there's been a lot going on. I found out I'm pregnant, and the father... he's in a coma after a car accident. I've been visiting him every day, but... I don't know how to handle all of this."

Dr. Park's expression remained empathetic and understanding. "It sounds like you've been carrying a heavy burden, Y/n. Dealing with such challenging circumstances can take a toll on your emotional well-being. I'm here to help you explore your feelings, find coping strategies, and work through the complexities of your situation."

Y/n nodded, her tears finally spilling over. "I just feel so lost and overwhelmed. I'm scared for the baby, and I don't know how to move forward."

Dr. Park offered a reassuring smile. "You're not alone in this journey, Y/n. We'll work together to navigate your emotions, develop a support system, and find ways to cope. Remember that seeking help is a sign of strength, and I'm here to guide you every step of the way."

As Y/n wiped away her tears, she felt a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness she had been feeling. Opening up to a therapist was a vulnerable step, but it was also a step toward healing and finding a way to move forward. With Dr. Park's guidance, Y/n was determined to face her challenges head-on and find the strength to embrace the path ahead, both for herself and the life she was carrying within her.

To be continued...