47

Y/n's sobs echoed through the hallway, a heartbreaking melody of pain and longing. Jake stood by her side, his presence a source of solace as he gently held her shoulders.

"It's okay, Y/n," he whispered, his voice a soothing balm. "I can't imagine how hard this is for you, but let's give it some time. Memory loss can be temporary."

Y/n nodded, her tears still flowing freely. "I just... I never thought it would be like this. Seeing him look at me without recognition, it's tearing me apart."

Jake offered a supportive smile. "Just remember, Y/n, he woke up. That's a positive step, and there's still hope."

Inside the room, the atmosphere was somber as Jungwon's friends recounted the moments and memories he had shared with Y/n. They spoke of their bond, the affection they had seen between them, and the unspoken connection that had allowed them to communicate through hand squeezes.

"Heeseung's right," Jay added, his voice filled with earnestness. "Y/n was there for you, Jungwon, every day, talking to you, caring for you, even when you couldn't respond."

Sunghoon nodded, his expression sincere. "And she's carrying your child, Jungwon. A part of you is growing inside her."

Jungwon listened to their words, a mixture of confusion and concern in his eyes. His brow furrowed as he tried to process the information, but the memories they described remained elusive, like fragments of a dream just out of reach.

As they spoke, the door to the room opened, and a middle-aged man in a white coat entered. Doctor Kang greeted the group with a warm smile before turning his attention to Jungwon.

"Hello there," he said kindly. "I'm Doctor Kang, and I've been overseeing your care since you were brought in. How are you feeling?"

Jungwon met the doctor's gaze, his eyes cautious. "I'm... a bit confused, to be honest. I don't really remember what happened or where I am."

Doctor Kang nodded understandingly. "That's not uncommon after a traumatic event like the one you've experienced. Your memory might take some time to come back."

Jungwon's friends exchanged glances, and Heeseung spoke up. "Jungwon, this is your friend Heeseung, and these are your other friends, Jay, Sunghoon, Sunoo, and Niki."

Jungwon gave a small nod of acknowledgment, his attention still focused on Doctor Kang.

"Jungwon," Doctor Kang continued, "we'll be conducting some tests and monitoring your progress. In the meantime, I encourage you to rest and allow your body the time it needs to heal."

Jungwon's gaze shifted to the window, his mind a whirlwind of confusion and uncertainty. He had woken up in a world that felt unfamiliar, surrounded by faces that should be familiar but remained distant strangers.

As Doctor Kang left the room, Jungwon's friends exchanged a knowing look. They were determined to help him regain his memories, to bridge the gap between his past and his present, and to bring back the love he had shared with Y/n, even if it took time, patience, and unwavering support.

~ Time skip, two weeks later ~

The days had blurred into weeks, and the world outside seemed to carry on with its routines while Y/n's heart remained suspended in uncertainty. She sat on the couch at Heeseung and Jake's apartment, lost in thought, her fingers tracing patterns absentmindedly on her baby bump.

Jake walked into the living room, his concern evident in his gaze as he sat down beside her. "Hey, Y/n. How are you holding up?"

Y/n sighed, her gaze distant. "I don't even know anymore, Jake. It's just... It's so hard to see him like this, to know he doesn't remember me or what we had."