16 : Wounded

Percy

Artemis and I decided to go hunting for the Warriors and the Hunters.  Since there was two us we were able to get 3 rabbits, 1 deer, and a bear. As we are walking back to the camp I am carrying the bear and a rabbit and Artemis is carrying the the deer and the rest of the rabbits. I as we get closer to camp I notice that it is very quiet too quiet. Suddenly I hear the roar of a monster. Artemis and I turn around and come face to face with the Minotaur. Next, to him, the Hunters and Warriors are tied up in golden chains. We both drop the dead animals onto the ground and pull out our weapons. The Minotaur let out another roar, as monsters surround Artemis and me.

Artemis and I pivot back to back in a circle accessing the enemies. I then summon my other sword Wave Raider. After watching them for a minute I yell "go" We both lunge at the monsters, as I slice them apart with my swords and dodging arrows. Artemis quickly kills them with her hunting knives or shoots them right in the eye with her arrows. We continue to fight them but they just keep coming back.

"Percy " I hear Artemis yell. I cut a hellhounds head off and it turns to dust. "give me a boost." she runs towards me I put the flat ends of my words together and make an X and she jumps onto it I launch her into the air. She is able to let loose about thirty arrows killing all of the monsters around me, and she lands on the ground in a kneeling position. We continue to wreak havoc on all of the monsters, just as I am about to approach the minotaur. I see that there is a lone demigod standing next to the Minotaur. Next to him is a black portal that all the monsters are coming out of. He notices that I was looking at him and grins, he pulls out a bow and a single arrow he then takes aim and shoots.

The arrow is let loose I quickly dark my eyes towards to where is going. My eyes widen in horror when I see the target. Artemis. I then sprint towards running as fast as I am able to. I slice through monster that try to prevent me from getting to her. Once I am close enough to her I dive towards her and knock her out of the way. She looks at me like I am crazy, but I just smile at her weakly.

The monsters start to retreat and go back into the portal, the lone demigod smiles widely at us "Olympus shall fall, my name is Maxodus son of Erebus and I will be the ruler of Olympus." He then steps into the portal and the Minotaur follows him with Hunters and Warriors being dragged behind him. The portal then closes. I feel a pain in my stomach and look down and see that the arrow went right through my stomach. I fall to the ground and gold blood gushes out of the wound.