8: Immortal Mother

Percy

Today is the day Dad is going to ask Mom to be his wife I am really happy because if she says yes then they immediately go to Olympus where they will announce the marriage then they have to plan the wedding and all of that stuff. Amphritie accepted that Poseidon never loved her and got engaged to Timothy a merman that she always liked and Triton faded everyone was sad that they lost the poor sea prince but moved on quickly. 

I am training with my warriors we are on a mission where we are supposed to find Lycon and his pack and slay them, Zeus said that there would be a surprise that we would have to be careful about but other than that everything would be alright. We have all been on our guard to protect one another from the surprise. I am sitting on a log I think that I will go for a swim so I quickly pull off my cloak then my shirt off. I look at my four tattoos I have Warriors on my left ribs, on my right I have a Riptide and a Trident. On my back, I have a magnificent Pegasus to stand for my symbol of power and my old friend blackjack. My hair has streaks of Gold and Brown. I dive into the pond and swim around and talk to fish and anything else that I can talk to. 

I hear movement in the woods and I come to surface. I pick up Riptide and say "Who's there you can't sneak up on a god unless..." I trail off when I see a streak of silver. Of course, it just has to be Artemis and her hunters, and why would they be this close to us and Lycon for that matter. I grin when I see Artemis emerge from the forest with her hunters around her. I lower Riptide and walk over to them 

"Hello Arty, girls, what are you doing at this neck of the woods?" 

I came up with a nickname for Artemis, she absolutely hates it and has tried to kill me because I called her that. Apollo used to call her Arty but then came up with moonbeam so she has tried to kill us both. I glace at Artemis her face is red and she looks like she is going to explode.

I walk over to my cloak and shirt and pick them up before going to stand in front of Artemis. I dry myself, then hold up my wrist communicator that contacts Nico and Bryan. "Nico, Bryan can you come and assist me." A minute later they appear and are standing at my right and left sides."So Artemis what do I owe the pleasure of you uh mm company?" Artemis glares at me 

"If you must know we are hunting Lycon and his pack." I stare at her in shock then that shock turns into anger.

"No, we are hunting Lycon, Zeus would have us hunt him seeing as men are better than women."

I love starting fights with Artemis she looks so beautiful-wait what the heck am I talking about? she looks at me and then everyone starts fighting to throw insults back in forth when we are suddenly flashed away and appear in the throne room.

I notice and try to tell everyone else but they won't shut up all the gods are staring at us. I tap Artemis on the shoulder and her turnings around furious "WHAT!" I point at Zeus she realizes where we are and sighs. I turn back to my warriors and her hunters they are in a complete war and won't stop. I then come up with an idea I pull out my summoning horn whenever the warriors hear this they are to stop what they are doing and get into a straight line or else there will be consequences. I blow it and they all stop fighting and get into a straight line and the hunters look confused I walk over to the warriors they can all tell I am not in a good mood

"Warriors you are in the presence of the gods please be on your best behavior an I clear," I yell.

"SIR YES SIR" is how they respond. I turn to Artemis and glare at her she glares right back and then we both turn to Zeus "Perseus and Artemis we have been thinking and came up with a proposition please state your two most trusted Warriors and Hunters." I glance at Artemis waiting for her to say who is her most trusted and loyal huntress are." Thalia Grace daughter of Zeus, and Phoebe Gleason daughter of Ares." of course she would pick Thalia she is a great fighter. I then say "Nico Di Angelo son of Hades, and Bryan Peterson son of Apollo, adopted the son of Perseus." Zeus then nods and waves his hand and then all of the hunters and warriors disappear with the exception of Thalia, Phoebe, Nico, and Bryan. 

"We have been watching your Hunters and Warriors and have decided to punish you, you fight too much you could be helping each other but you don't you fight so we the council with the exception of Perseus, and Artemis have decided that you will be sent on a quest to kill some monsters that have been causing disturbances will mortals after you have learned fight less while  being stranded on an island," Zeus says.