19: Feelings

Percy

I can't believe that I just admitted that to Artemis, though it does feel nice to finally admit that I have had that held in for about 50 years. I think the first time I noticed that I liked her was when we were fighting. She was yelling at me for interfering with her hunters and she was furious and I didn't fight I kind of just stared at her and didn't say anything then when she was done yelling. I thought why didn't I fight her back I was so confused I talked to Aphrodite and she explained my feelings to me. 

Once I understood it I didn't know what to do so I just focused on training the Warriors and killing monsters I buried it inside of me and I knew that they would come out when I couldn't handle it anymore. I walk back into my tent and sit on my bed. 

Artemis is probably going to come in here and castrate me or something for kissing her, but I think that it was totally worth it. I walk over to my mirror, half of my chest is covered from the band-aid and what skin that isn't covered by my tattoos is filled with scars of previous battles most of them from my torture all those years ago with Gaia the primordial goddess of the earth. Even if Artemis wasn't a maiden goddess and just a regular goddess she wouldn't want me I am scared soldier of war that has been damaged, I have the scars to show to for that. I walk over to my bed and lay there in deep thought.

Artemis

After sitting outside for a while I finally muster up enough courage to go over to his tent. I knock on the flap after hearing no response I say quietly hoping he will hear me 

"Perseus,  can I talk to you?" After waiting for a reply and getting none I open the flap and am greet a sleeping Percy. I walk over to the side of his bed and just stare at him for a minute. His muscles are relaxed and he looks at peace. His mouth is opened slightly and a small puddle of drool is coming from his mouth.

 I slowly move my hand to his hair and brush it out of the way so that I can his eyelids that hide his beautiful golden eyes. I let my hand rest on his cheek and sigh to myself I lean forward and press my lips to his forehead and close my eyes. I pull away from him and walk silently away from him I take one more glance at him then close the tent flap and walk over to my tent and fall asleep thinking of everything that has happened earlier that day.