22:Healing

Percy

I wake with a start wake up on my stomach, I let out a sigh and start to roll over onto my back. I then feel a shooting pain in my back, and I then roll back onto my stomach I look at my back and I see gause on my back with gold blood seeping through the bandages. My arm is laying next to me in a cast so with a my left hand I push myself into a sitting position. I push my hand through my hair as I let out a tired sigh. I slowly stand up ignoring the pain from my back and walk through the doorway to find Apollo. 

After about 20 minutes of searching I finally find him holding a tray of food. "Percy what are you doing you are suppose to be resting." I shrug "Where is Artemis I was want to know how she is doing?" Apollo then starts walking 

"Follow me that is where I am bringing the food." We walk for a couple of minutes then come to a closed door. Apollo opens it and there lays Artemis. She looks to be fine as I inspect her, I then notice the deep cup on her leg, and am immediately worried about how that is holding up. I walk over to her and sit down in the chair next to the bed exhausted from walking. 

"She is stable and fine she should be waking up soon. I am going to go check up on Ares, he was in another motorcycle accident." He sighs out the last part obviously annoyed with Ares many motorcycle accidents and having to tend to his wounds. "Push the red button if anything happens." "Ok," I say with a nod of my head.

 Apollo then walks out of the room. I lean forward and take Artemis' hand intertwine it with mine. I continue to sit there for a couple of minutes just listening to the sound of Artemis' steady breathing. I close my eyes and rest my head against the bed. I suddenly feel Artemis move and I sit up straight. I look over at her as she lets out a moan then opens her silver eyes. They take in the room before they land on me. She lets out a small smile when she sees me. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I question her once I have helped her sit up. "I feel like I was hit with father's master bolt a million times over."

I smile not having really seen this side of Artemis before, tired, wounded, not caring what she says. I continue to stare at her for a minute, she looks over at me with a raised eyebrow. "What are you staring at?" She asks. "Nothing," I say as I feel a blush rise to my cheeks. She rolls her eyes at me. She then attempts to stand but fails miserably and falls into my chest. I immediately catch her. "You ok?" She responds with a "Yes" I set her up back up onto her feet. 

With my hands still holding her shoulders, our eyes lock. We stand there staring at each other for about a minute when I lose control and pull her to me and crush her lips to mine. She slowly moves her hands up to my neck and pulls me closer to her. My hands slip down the sides of her body to her hips. Her lips feel like smooth velvet compared to my rough ones. I am in heaven as we continue for a good two minutes before we both pull away for air. 

Our foreheads rest against eat other, as she caresses the back of my neck. I peck her lips lightly then we pull away from each other, and head to the door to talk to Apollo.