14 : Off the Island

Percy

We have been stuck on this island for 4 months I want to kill myself. Everyone has been fighting and it keeps getting worse I really hope that Zeus realizes that this was one of his worst ideas ever, and he has had some pretty bad ideas. Artemis has been ignoring me and everything around her, yesterday she walked right into a wall and then kept walking. Recently I have been staring at Artemis a lot more and I think that I am developing feelings for her. 

I sigh as I lean against the counter drinking my beer. I am pulled out of my thoughts when 13 flashes of light appear in front of me. Artemis flashes in next me. Great I think, the Council just what I need. "Hello Perseus, Artemis we have decided to take you off of this island because your warriors and hunter have been causing problems at camp, though you may be off of this island we have decided that we will send you on a mission to destroy monsters that have been reoccurring near the doors of Tartarus." I sigh knowing that this is going to be terrible

-Time skip- Camp Half-Blood

We have finally gotten off the island, and are heading back to Camp to pick up the Hunters and Warriors. As soon as we cross the barrier we are swarmed by campers thinking we are a threat when they realize that it is us they bow and mutter apologies. I wave them off and leave Artemis to find her Hunters while I travel towards my cabin. Once Nico, Bryan, and I have stepped foot into the cabin we are swarmed by the warriors hugging us happy that we are finally back from our punishment. Once everyone has settled down I call to their attention about our journey that we must take with hunters. To say they were mad was an understatement, they were furious. "We will be leaving soon start packing. I have to speak with Artemis about this trip I will be back later."

As I am towards cabin 8 I realize that I have been having strange feelings for her they are feelings that I have felt for Annabeth about 100 years ago. I groan I really need to talk to Aphrodite. As I come to the front of cabin 8 I knock twice and wait for someone to come to the door. The door opens and a Hunter about the age of 16 opens the door once she glances at me she draws her bow and notches an arrow in a matter of seconds. The rest of the hunters come to the door and copy her actions. 

I put my hands up in mock surrender and say "I come in peace, I would like to speak with your Mistress concerning the trip we must take to Tartarus." The hunters stare at me confused then I realize that Artemis probably didn't tell them yet. 

I then hear her voice from behind me "Hunters lower your weapons." I arrows reluctantly put back in their sheaths and they disperse still staring at me with caution. 

I turn to Artemis and say " OK we need to talk about what is going to happen on the trip to Tartarus." she nods in agreement "Walk with me." 

We start walking down towards the beach. "So I think that we should have to hunters and warriors in one camp because they need to get used to each other so that they don't fight." 

Artemis nods but then points something out "They all look up to us, if we restrain our selves from fighting then they might not fight each other, how about a temporary truce." I nod and hold my hand out for her shake she slips her hand in mine and we shake in agreement our hands linger holding on each others, I glance at up at her and notice she is staring at me. We then seem to realize that we are staring at each other and holding hands we pull our hands away. I blush then look down and she clears her throat "I must go inform the hunters we will leave tomorrow at dawn." I nod then watch as she walks up the beach towards her cabin. I decide that I need to go and visit Aphrodite before we leave tomorrow.