18: The Kiss

Artemis

After Percy passed out I managed to stitch up his wound. I have no idea about what to think of him jumping in front of an arrow for me. I don't even want to think of what that could imply. Deciding to just drop it I go outside of the tent to go and cook the animals that we hunted earlier. The Hunters and the Warriors were captured by some demi - primordial who wants to take over the world. I put my head in my hands as the fire cooks the rabbit. 

The hunters are like my daughters, they are always with me and they do respect me and stuff, sometimes I wish that I could have a real child then I think of the process and that idea flies right out of my head. I would never tell Aphrodite anything about how I want children or I will never hear the end of it. I do sometimes envy the other goddesses that can have children. 

I hear the snapping of a twig and I am up in a second with my bow out and an arrow notched. I then notice that it's Percy standing there with his hands in a surrender jester. He then puts them down and hobbles over to the log that I am sitting on. "Hows the stomach?" I ask him.

"It's ok," he tells me.

After a moment of silence, I turn to quickly look at him. His black hair is messy from just waking up and he isn't wearing a shirt, he has an eight-pack his stomach is bandaged so I can't see his full upper body. I then notice that he is also staring at me. We lock eyes and stare into each other's eyes. 

Perseus breaks the stare "Thank you for stitching me back up. Your stitching is almost as good as Apollos." He says with a laugh. I smile slightly then turn back to the rabbit that sits over the fire.

We sit in silence until the rabbitts are finished. We also eat in silence. Percy turns to me almost like he is going to say something then decides against it and turns back to his rabbit. 

"What?" I question. He turns back to me, his eyes flicker to my lips before he reaches over and brushes his hand against my cheek. "You had a little something right there." His hand lingers on my cheek. 

He starts to lean towards me. Once he is close he kind of pauses and stays there for a moment. I look down at his lips then back to his eyes then he closes the gap. His lips are salty and he smells like the ocean. He then starts to move his lips against mine I return it not knowing what I am doing. We slowly break apart from our kiss panting heavily.

I look down at my lap not knowing what to say. Percy cleared his throat and then I say "Sorry" in a timid voice, I mentally smack myself for sounding so scared. 

He looks at me again and grabs my chin so that I am forced to look at him he then pulls me into another kiss, this one is filled with passion and fire. I weave my hair into his hair as his hands find their way down to my waist. We continue to kiss for a while just enjoying the other. We do finally manage to separate, Percy's hair is even messier and his lips are swollen, we sit there a minute in complete silence not knowing what to do. He turns to me after the long silence. 

"Artemis I like you like I don't really know how to explain it I just really like you." He says then continues "I like the way you don't any crap from anyone and how you always bite your lip when your thinking, and how you always put your hair behind your ear when you're nervous, gods I like everything about you." He sighs looking straight into my eyes not breaking eye contact. I feel heat rush to my cheeks and I break the eye contact then look back at him. "I don't expect you say anything, I just really needed to get that off my chest, and it feels damn good to have said that." He smiles at me then limps back to his the tent.